How to Install Galaxy S9 Theme on your Android
Samsung already took the wraps off its next Galaxy S9 model on February 26, while the first units will be shipped to customers on March 16. I know that you are eager to get your hands on the handset, but what can you do meanwhile, in order to relax a bit and enjoy the perspective of such a smartphone? There is a special Theme for Samsung Galaxy S9 which will change smartphone custom icon to a unique set of custom icons and make it more beautiful than ever before.
Why am I telling you that? Well, it’s because you have the chance to apply it on your own Android device too and get a small taste of how Galaxy S9 will feel like.
Tip: don’t hesitate to create a TWRP backup of your system partition first before starting the procedure. You never know when something might go wrong, so don’t risk the safety of your device. And like it or not, you may not need root access to install the substratum them, as you will discover below.
How to Install Galaxy S9 Theme on your Android:
- That’s the Galaxy S9 substratum theme (Galaxy Evolution) that you want to install on your device;
- Also grab Substratum theme engine (in case of not already having it);
- Well, for Substratum to work, you need the sungstratum plugin for Samsung devices, while other Android Oreo devices need the andromeda plugin. To get substratum working on your device, enter here for Samsung devices and access this link for any other Android Oreo handset;
- Even if you have a rooted device, the developers of substratum recommend using the plugins instead of the root method;
- Now that you have the substratum theme engine up and running, and have the Galaxy evolution theme installed, launch the Substratum app;
- Tap on the Galaxy Evolution theme;
- Then, you have to toggle on the main switch to select all the overlays at once, or select each one individually;
- Up next, tap on the floating button in the bottom-right corner;
- Don’t hesitate to select Build & Enable;
- If you’re using Substratum with root, you should better reboot your device to keep the changes.