Make your Phone Look like a Galaxy S9 with Galaxy S9 stock apps
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is here, and it looks gorgeous with another update of Samsung’s software UI. Even if you pre-ordered a Galaxy S9, it’s not showing up for a few weeks, so I know that it is hard. While you’re waiting, why not trying to make your current phone Look like a Galaxy S9 with Galaxy S9 stock apps.
Let me tell you from the start the fact that the Galaxy S9 stock apps can be found in a single flashable zip which you can download from the procedure described above. I am talking about the following stock apps from Galaxy S9 contained in the zip: Phone and Contacts, Incall UI, Audio and emoji’s, Browser, Clock, Calendar, Task Edge, Messaging, TouchWiz Home, Edge Lightning, People Edge, S Finder, Smart Manager, Gallery, Photo Editor, Weather, Always ON Display, as well as Calculator.
There is though something that you need to know right from the start – the main idea is that you need root access in order for the apps to be installed and to work on your device running Android Oreo (not an earlier version, but Oreo). And remember the fact that we are talking about a flashable zip, therefore you will also need a custom recovery such as TWRP.
Even more, this is an early port and it cannot be guaranteed whether all the apps will work or not with your device. It’s much better to create a TWRP backup of your system partition before flashing the sip, just to be on the safe side and avoid any sort of unpleasant surprise.
- Grab the Galaxy S9 stock apps that I have told you about via this guide;
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode;
- Select Install;
- Then, you have to find your way into the downloaded flashable zip file as you must select it;
- Up next, you must swipe at the bottom to flash it;
- The flashing may take a few seconds considering that the zip is over 300MB in size. Once complete, tap on the Reboot system button that appears.