How to Install OxygenOS 5.0.3 Update on OnePlus 3
With the 5T, OnePlus introduced its own version of face unlock, known as ‘Face Unlock” and it quickly became a hit. Owners of older OnePlus devices begged for it to be added to their phones, and days later, it showed up on the OnePlus 5 with the latest Oxygen OS beta. Even more, while OnePlus 6 users are getting the OxygenOS 5.1.5 update with bug fixes and improvements, OnePlus 3 users are getting a new update as well.
I am talking about an update that finally brings Face Unlock to their handset too, so you have all the reasons in the world to be happy if you are one of them. Users of the OnePlus 3 are about to see the OxygenOS 5.0.3 update that I am talking about in Settings > System Updates, but sometimes this takes lot of time.
Alternatively, you can also choose to download the new OxygenOS ROM and then flash it by following the given instructions. Therefore, if this is your option too, just make sure that your smartphone is bootloader locked and running Stock OxygenOS and that the charge is not an issue. Even more, if your usage is above average, it’s unlikely your handset can make it throughout the day without an extra power in the early evening or even sooner, especially if you want to complete such a procedure.
How to Install OxygenOS 5.0.3 Update on your OnePlus 3:
- For the start, grab the OxygenOS 5.0.3 for OnePlus 3.zip;
- It’s time to connect your smartphone to the computer;
- Then, transfer the file to your device with the help of the original USB cable;
- Now, head over to your OnePlus 3 and open the Settings application;
- Inside Settings, go to System Updates section;
- There, you have to click on the Gear icon;
- Then, click on the Local Upgrade option on the next screen;
- It’s time to select the OTA package which you downloaded from above and transferred to your device;
- On clicking the OTA package, your installation process will be started;
- Once the installation is complete, wait for the reboot to complete.
As you can see, the update, apart from bringing Face Unlock, also comes with some great improvements to file manager, weather, launcher, and gallery apps.