How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1
Xiaomi is known for selling smartphones at surprising price points. Yes, the company has sold low-end and mid-range smartphones with specs comparable to the competition, but at cut-throat prices, so it knows its success recipe. Now, it’s Xiaomi’s POCO F1 turn to be in the spotlight; this first phone from the new Xiaomi brand Pocophone comes with an aggressive price. It’s actually the cheapest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 phone in the world and Xiaomi has managed to pack surprisingly awesome specs for the Rs 20,999 price, so I know that you enjoy it.
Are you in for a complete experience? Then, let me remind you that TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project flashable on Android smartphones and you know that it has gained a reputation. However, I don’t want to scare you off or anything, but I must remind you that this procedure will void your warranty.
And you could easily brick your Xiaomi phone if you do not follow the steps correctly. No matter what happens to your phone, you are the only one to be blamed for the result. Are you OK with that? I already assumed that you don’t get scared off so easily.
Anyway, don’t start before making sure that your device is charged up to a level of at least 70% and last, but not the least, you need to ensure that the bootloader of your Xiaomi Poco F1 is unlocked. If you haven’t done that, you cannot follow the below-mentioned steps.
How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi POCO F1:
- At first, download the TWRP recovery for Xiaomi Poco F1;
- You can rename it to ‘recovery.img’ and transfer the same to the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot on your computer;
- Navigate to the ADB & Fastboot installation folder;
- Here you must press Shift + Right Click;
- From the pop-up menu, select the option that says Open Command Window Here;
- Enter the following command to reboot your device into fastboot or bootloader mode: adb reboot bootloader;
- After that, enter the following command to flash install TWRP Custom Recovery on your handset: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.
That’s it! The TWRP Custom Recovery will get installed on your device now.