Stop your Xiaomi Redmi 5 from Gathering and Sending Data
Do Xiaomi phones really spy on our data? Well we all know that that smartphones track our locations, but what if we actively turn off location services, haven’t used any apps, and haven’t even inserted a carrier SIM card? Even if you take all such sort of precautions, phones running Android software are known for gathering data about your location and sending it back to Google when they’re connected to the internet and things are no different with your Xiaomi Redmi 5.
Can you be sure? Every certitude is actually questionable, but if you want, you can sleep better at night by doing all that stays in your power to stop your Xiaomi Redmi 5 from gathering and sending data. While fiddling with the Security app may make you feel better, this could result in certain services not working anymore, especially if you restrict system apps, so don’t act without being sure of every single action you are taking.
In this company’s case, rumor has it that things are related to the User Experience Program or to those personalized ads. And that Location Access option has its benefits that no one can deny, but can you put a price on your privacy? Here’s the procedure:
- Launch the Settings application;
- Then, scroll down to the System & Device section;
- Hit the Additional Settings option;
- Tap the Privacy option;
- Scroll all the way down;
- Tap the User Experience Program toggle to opt out;
- Also tap the Send Diagnostic Data Automatically toggle to opt out;
- Then, tap on the Ad Services option;
- Now, you can tap the toggle here to opt out of the Personalized Ad Recommendations;
- Return to the Privacy page;
- Tap the Apps with Usage Access option;
- Turn off access to any application you don’t use and aren’t familiar with;
- Go back to the Privacy section one more time;
- This time, you have to tap on the Location option;
- Disable the Location Access option unless you use it for navigation or something.
If you need further assistance, fill up the comments area with detailed info on that matter. I am always here to help!