How to Enable VoLTE on your Xiaomi Device
You are here probably as a result of the fact that you are using a Xiaomi smartphone and as you know, most of the Xiaomi users are missing VoLTE support on their smartphone, especially in old devices. VoLTE stands for voice over LTE which is an IP Multimedia Subsystem network.
It has the specific profiles for control and media planes of voice services on LTE defines models, therefore it has voice calls within a 4G LTE system, in place of the 2G or 3G relations that are normally used, so I am sure that this is something that you want to take advantage of.
First introduced by Singtel, it didn’t promised a lot. However, things change in surprising ways and from that time being it has improved itself much to satisfy the customers. You can see it as a way to route voice traffic over the 4G LTE networks carriers use to transmit data and that’s why enabling it on your Xiaomi device should be a priority.
By following these steps, you can enable the settings of VoLTE, but only if your handset is not rooted. There is a second procedure below, ideal for rooted handsets.
How to Enable VoLTE on your Xiaomi Device (no root required):
- At first, open the Phone app on your device;
- Now, dial the USSD code *#*#86583#*#*;
- Finally, tap the Call button.
For the second procedure, I have to tell you that the VoLTE cannot be enabled on Snapdragon 400 devices (such as Redmi Note). For such a device, you can try installing the Carrier Apps to make calls (Jio4GVoice app).
How to Enable VoLTE on your Xiaomi Device (root required):
- Install the SQLite Editor app from Play store;
- Launch this app;
- Go to files tab;
- Then, you need to tap on Data >> com.android providers.settings >> Databases;
- Open Settings.db >> Global and locate ‘Volte_feature_disabled’ entry;
- Here you must change value from 1 to 0;
- Next, close SQLite editor;
- You can restart your phone;
- Then, open Phone Settings >> SIM cards & Mobile network as you have to turn on the switch VoLTE enabled.
All set, you are done!