Quickly Launch the Note 9 Camera (for Users in India)
The great device is finally here. After relentless leaks, rumors and speculations, Samsung has finally unveiled the Galaxy Note 9 and it’s time to explore all that it has to offer. Well, users in India might be wondering how to quick launch the camera on the Galaxy Note 9, since a double press of the Power button won’t do the trick in their case.
The idea is that this shortcut is disabled on variants destined for India because the government mandates that three quick presses of the power button on any device should dial emergency services. As long as the camera is one of the most used features on smartphone, Samsung had to work within this restriction so users in India can quick launch camera on Galaxy Note 9 with the Always On Display instead.
Yes, the company introduced a new highlight where you can quickly launch the camera, so here’s what you have to do: if you have set the Always On Display to show the home button, then the Home button can be tapped twice to quickly launch the camera. And the steps to enable the shortcut in the first place are far from complicated, so waste no more time:
How to Quickly Launch the Note 9 Camera:
- First of all, you need to open the Settings app;
- Up next, go into the Lock screen menu;
- Access the Always On Display menu;
- After that, you have to scroll down to the Content to Show section;
- Select either Home button and clock or Home button. Naturally, you cannot select the Clock option as that will not show the home button on Always On Display, which is needed for accessing the camera app;
- Then, tap Double tap Home button;
- Now, select the Quick launch camera option.
It’s that simple to quick launch camera on the Galaxy Note 9 in India. You just need to spend about a minute in the Settings app to enable this shortcut.
Do you have any questions? Reach out to us in the comments area below.