Change Default Apps on the Google Pixel 3 XL Smartphone
This is an issue that you might run into on a regular base. You normally tap a file that you really want to open with a particular program, but for some reason, Android keeps opening it with some application you couldn’t care less about. Well, that’s because you’ve got the wrong default app selected for that type of file.
You’re in the right place, however, as here I intend to show you how to change the default apps on the Google Pixel 3 XL smartphone. If you are interested on that, just keep on reading.
There are various default apps you can modify in Google Pixel 3 XL. Whether it’s an SMS app you downloaded off the Google Play store and cannot wait using, or a new browser, here is how you can change the default applications for your device.
You can basically choose to do this for the phone app, gallery app, home app and other apps on your phone. It is your choice to make, so feel free to start exploring:
Change Default Apps on the Google Pixel 3 XL Smartphone:
- First of all, from a Home screen, you have to touch and swipe up to display all apps;
- Navigate to Settings;
- In the Settings Menu, you have to click on the Apps & Notifications;
- Up next, scroll down and click on Advanced;
- Then, just click on Default Apps;
- This is where you will see the apps set as default for various categories. As an example, you may tap the SMS app;
- Then, hit desired SMS app;
- Note that setting an SMS app as default disables other messaging apps and their features. Continue only if you are cool with that;
- Tap OK;
- If you want, you may click on each and change it to any other category Related app you have installed.
Have you completed the above steps? What apps have you decided to change? Let me know if you need any extra help from a member of the AndroidFlaghship team and you will get it.