How to Solve Pixel 3 SMS Messages Disappearing
Google Pixel 3 is the newest flagships from Google wrapped up with several new features not found in any other smartphone. While users all over the world are quite satisfied with their brand new smartphone, some aren’t. They have already started complaining about all sorts of problems including SMS messages disappearing issues.
This is a serious problem. For many, text messages act as an archive of conversations with friends, family and colleagues. They are dating years back, already being transferred from phone to phone. When the Pixel 3 seems to be completely deleting all of these messages, this becomes an impossible mission. And if some messages simply disappear, others end up in the wrong threads, and aren’t found in the archive folder either.
This is frustrating too, but now there’s a simple fix that may work. The issues seem to have appeared following the November security update. And that’s clearly a start. The tech giant has been notified of the problem and already acknowledged its existence. A fix has been promised by Google, but until then, here’s what you can do:
Solve Pixel 3 SMS Messages Disappearing:
- At first, go to Settings;
- Enter into Apps & Notifications;
- Up next, go to Messages and hit the three dots menu button at the top right;
- Then, select “uninstall updates”;
- This will revert you to an older version of the Messages app. Note that this is a temporary fix while you wait for something official from Google.
- Check whether the issue of messages disappearing happens even after this. If it does, performing a factory data reset is a must. This operation erases all user data from the cell phone in question. It is though recommended since it removes everything from the phone which includes any software bugs or glitches, troublesome programs or apps that lead to your current situation. This basically puts all of your handset’s settings back to factory default and this is the best thing that could happen to you now.
I hope that these tips and suggestions have helped to get SMS Messages running properly again.