Learn to Block a WhatsApp Contact
There are plenty of reasons why you might want to block a contact and I am not here to ask why. The point is that you can do it on WhatsApp too. You can easily stop receiving messages, calls and status updates from certain contacts by blocking them and here I am to guide you all the way. Messages, calls and status updates sent by a blocked contact won’t show up on your phone and will never be delivered to you.
Also know that if you unblock them, you won’t see any messages sent to you whilst they were blocked. Something tells me that you are OK with that too. Am I right or not? If so, let me show you how it’s done.
You may follow one of these two ways:
Learn to Block a WhatsApp Contact (method 1):
- Enter into the app;
- Tap Settings;
- Now, you may go to Account > Privacy;
- Tap Blocked;
- Up next, the Add New;
- Find the contact you want to block, then just tap the contact.
You may also open the chat with the contact, so here’s how to do it:
Learn to Block a WhatsApp Contact (method 2):
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone;
- Go to Chats > Specific chat;
- Tap on contact subject at the top;
- After that, you must scroll down to the bottom;
- Now, hit Block Contact or Report and Block.
We all change our minds or make mistakes that we regret later. Is this your case too? If you’ve blocked someone on WhatsApp and then have a change of heart, then you can unblock them and start chatting once again as you used to.
Here’s how to unblock the contact:
- Open the WhatsApp app;
- Go to Settings;
- Enter again into Account, then Privacy;
- Now, select Blocked Contacts;
- Select and hold the name of the contact you want to unblock;
- At that point, a new menu will pop up. Select Unblock and you are good to go. Is it better now?
Let me know if you need my help.