Learn to Disable HiSearch on your Huawei Mate 20 Device
Owners of the latest Huawei Mate 20 complain about the native HiSearch function. It is indeed extremely annoying, so they just look for a way to disable it. This is because HiSearch is activated by swiping down from the top edges. Therefore, if you want to refresh a webpage, for example, you need to swipe down from precisely in the center of the screen.
Fortunately, there is a workaround which has been detailed ahead. Some of you may think we need root access or any other creepy app to disable the HiSearch. That’s not the case! Even though Huawei no more allows unlocking bootloader to root its devices, you can still uninstall HiSearch in a legit way. The only downside is, if you ever want to get HiSearch back, you can do it only if you factory reset your device.
If you’re cool with that, just follow the below procedure:
How to get ready:
- At first, enable USB Debugging on your device;
- Prepare your computer for the procedure by installing ADB;
- Ensure that you have installed the proper USB drivers of Huawei;
- Note that if you ever want to get HiSearch back, you would have to factory reset your handset. The bright side of thigs is that, this procedure doesn’t require root and neither does it break the warranty. All we will do is uninstalling the HiSearch service so it doesn’t interfere.
Disable HiSearch on your Huawei Mate 20 Device:
- At first, you have to connect your Huawei phone to your PC via the original USB cord;
- Up next, launch an ADB terminal (hold shift + right click and choose ‘Open a Command Window Here’ from inside your main ADB folder);
- You can now type the command: adb devices;
- ADB will display your device’s serial number. If no devices are detected, you have to troubleshoot your USB cable or USB drivers;
- If this returned though your device’s serial number, give the following command to list all those application packages that come under the main Huawei directory: pm list packages | grep ‘huawei’;
- Feel free to uninstall packages via this command: Pm uninstall -k -user 0 com.huawei.search;
- The ADB terminal should display Success, and you will no longer have HiSearch to annoy you.