How to Use GIFs as your Android Wallpaper via LoopWall
The camera on your iPhone might be able capture Live Photos – still images with a few seconds of audio and video included. What you may not know, though, is that you can get the same joy on your Android device too. If you can make a video your wallpaper on Android, what about GIFs? Ask and it will be given to you. So, ever wanted to set a sweet or silly GIF image as wallpaper on your Android device?
My answer for you is LoopWall. This app offers lots of different and unique cinemagraphs and looping GIFs which can be set as live wallpapers into your Android. You have plenty of options to choose from as we are talking about more than 200 breathtaking images.
And you can even add your own GIF images if the app’s collection of looping GIFs isn’t enough for you. Note something though! If you are generally worried about battery life, then such an app will consume its share. However, I didn’t see a significant loss in any of my Android devices and a little bit of fun never hurts.
To set a GIF as your lock screen wallpaper, head over to the guide below and you won’t regret it:
How to Use GIFs as your Android Wallpaper via LoopWall:
- At first, grab the LoopWall from the Play Store;
- Install it;
- Then, you need to open the app and you will be greeted with a category list once the app loads up;
- If you scroll down to the end and you will find the option My gifs which lets you select any GIF on your device as the wallpaper;
- Once you select a category, you can swipe left to see the next wallpaper, or right to see the previous;
- Choose the one that you like by tapping Preview on the top;
- The app lets you resize the cinemagraph GIF to fit your device by tapping the plus or minus signs. The animation speed can even be adjusted by tapping the forward or backward buttons;
- Once you’re done customizing it, set it as your wallpaper and you’re done.