Install Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 with Beanstalk custom ROM
Did you know that you can update your LG G2 to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat? The official update is expected around February or March 2014, but now you can use the Beanstalk custom ROM thanks to the Derteufel and Slim ROM team that has worked so hard to make this possible. From the start we can assure you that LG G2 is capable enough to run Android 4.4.2 smoothly and this Beanstalk custom ROM can be a great experience for you thanks to its generous list of features: customizable Lockscreen text color, Lockscreen rotation, option to enable all widgets, slider ShortcutsMinimize lockscreen challenge, static Lockscreen shortcuts, LCD Density, Dual Pane options, customizable boot animation, custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers, custom BeanStalk bootanimation, Do not disturb option, Signal Styles which include color and text and not the usual icons, alternate GB signal layout, fully customizable navigation bar, keyboard and input method options which come with the possibility to disable the full screen keyboard, low battery warning customizable options, Kil app back button with customizable timeout values, high end graphic effects option and more.
You will get speed and several ultra-customization abilities, so for all those willing to learn how to install Android 4.4.2 on LG G2 with Beanstalk custom ROM, here we have a step by step guide with all the necessary instructions:
Review the risks:
- We want to remind you that it is very unlikely for your LG G2 to be damaged if you follow all the instructions as they are mentioned in the procedure below. But you’ll try this at your own risk; we are definitely not responsible for any damage caused by the instruction given in this page;
- We are talking about a custom ROM and not an official release, therefore we cannot guarantee what it could do to your device or if it will come or not with some bugs in it;
- The model number of LG G2 must be D802, so we advise you not to not flash this custom ROM on any device other than this one or you can brick it;
- Installing this Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on your LG G2 will void it’s warranty – that’s a risk that you have to assume even from the start.
If you accept all these aspects and still want to make the installation, you must take in consideration the following preparatory steps:
- Don’t leave aside that there is a full factory wipe and wipe /system included, so make sure that you have backed up all your important data including Contacts, Call Logs, Messages, APN Settings, Apps, songs, movies, and more;
- Remember to enable the USB Debugging Mode by going “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging;
- Prepare your notebook or your computer or a PC; you are going to need it if you want to successfully install Android 4.4.2 on your LG G2;
- Disable any security protection that you might have as long as there are big chances to interfere with the installation process;
- Look for the original USB cable that you are going to use for connecting the computer with the LG G2 smartphone;
- Verify if you already have the USB Driver Installed for LG G2 D802 in your PC;
- You must have the CWM or the TWRP recovery already installed on your device if you want to flash this custom ROM; otherwise the procedure won’t work; even more, it’s recommended that you have a recent version to be sure that it is fully compatible.
Download both the GAPPS FILE from here and the ROM FILE for your LG G2 D802 from here to your computer and then connect the computer to the device and move both the zip files to your phone’s root storage.
How to install Android 4.4.2 on your LG G2 with Beanstalk custom ROM (for both CWM and TWRP users):
- You have to disconnect the original USB cord, turn off your LG G2 and boot it into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down + Home button + Power button and then selecting the recovery option from the next screen;
- You should perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM in case something goes wrong; in order to do that, select Backup and Restore and then select Backup again. You have to go back to main recovery menu only after backup is complete;
- If you remember, we have told you from the preparatory steps about the data wiping task. To do so, you must select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and then ‘Yes’ on next screen to confirm your action. After a few minutes the data wipe will be complete;
- Return to the recovery main menu, then select wipe cache partition and after wiping process done, select ‘Wipe Dalvik Cache’;
- Go back to the recovery menu for selecting the Install option. First you must choose the ROM File and install it;
- Only after that completes, you must do the same for the GAPPS File and install it (make sure that you respect this order and the ROM File is the first);
- When installation is completed, go once again into the main recovery menu for selecting ‘reboot system now’ in order to reboot your LG G2 and boot up into Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The boot might indeed take a little longer than you are generally used to, but it’s the first time so there is no reason to be worried about this aspect. And if your smartphone gets bootloop, you just have to do a factory reset (as we have showed you on step 3) and everything will be just fine.
We have presented you so many tempting advantages offered by the Beanstalk custom ROM, as well as these steps that are not at all complicated, but don’t get us wrong: we want to remind you that we won’t be held liable for any damage caused to your LG G2. Anyway, don’t forget to ask for our opinion if you face any problems during or after the installation or you have any other questions. We are here to guide you!