Update Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official XXUFND3 OS
We have great news for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 users; what do you think about updating your Android smartphone with the most recent Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official OS version?
Samsung recently started rolling out an OTA update and we are talking about the firmware that comes with the build version number N7100XXUFND3, offering us a variety of new features such as performance improvements, transparent status bar, camera shortcut on lockscreen, white icons in status bar, improved keyboard layout in landscape orientation, updated Google apps and many more.
If you have not received the update yet, don’t hesitate to use our simple tutorial that can help you to download and install the N7100XXUFND3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware through Odin.
Below are the steps that you need to follow for successfully updating your Samsung Galaxy Note 2, but follow them only after reviewing the risks:
Review the risks:
- Note that we are talking about the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFND3 OS version, so features are supposed to work properly, but don’t forget to do your job correctly. Don’t skip any step and pay attention!;
- Even more, applying this update won’t void the warranty in any manner;
- This firmware that we are talking about is released only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 model, Please do not try this update on any other Galaxy variant, as this could brick the device. If you are not one hundred percent sure, just verify the model number of your handset by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number;
- Any damage caused to your handset is your responsibility; we can only tell you to follow all these procedures and steps carefully in order to avoid breaking your handset. However, if this happens, Androidflagship.com has nothing to do with it!
- As this update procedure is likely to wipe all data, make a backup of everything that might be important including the internal SDcard;
- Disable the security protection on your laptop and prepare the original USB cable;
- Install Galaxy’s Note 2 USB drivers in your PC; skip this step if you already have them properly installed;
- Check battery percentage before it is already too late; your device should have at least 70% battery left before starting the update; if not, it might be the time to charge it and avoid any unpleasant later surprise;
- Enable USB Debugging mode just as you always do, by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
How to Update your Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official XXUFND3 OS:
- Turn off your Galaxy device and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down , Home and Power buttons until the boot screen appear; then, you have to press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode;
- Now, run the Odin3 v3.09.exe file as an administrator; in order to do so, just right click on the .exe file and click on Run as administrator;
- It’s time to connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to the computer by using the USB cable;
- Your device has to be detected by Odin3.In Odin3 screen, which means that you are supposed to see a COM Port number and the ‘Added!’ text in the message box;
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file and find the firmware file with extension .tar.md5
- In Odin screen, click on AP button and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension;
- Then, you have to click on the Start button to begin the installation process;
- At the end, you will see the see ‘PASS!’ message in ID:COM port and your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 will be rebooted automatically;
- Disconnect it from computer and enjoy; the update procedure was a successful one!
And in case your handset gets stocked in a boot loop sequence, there is no reason to be worried about; you just have to turn it off and reapply the update from the start.
As for any other problem, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’ll provide immediate assistance!