CF-Auto-Root is already available for various models of the new Samsung Galaxy S6. Thus, you can anytime choose to unlock the internal system of your phone by ensuring root access through Odin. Is this something that you take in consideration for your own SGS^SM-G920I? We know that your new Galaxy S6 has a very powerful hardware, but the software often leads to slow performance and rooting can change that.
If you feel like being ready to root your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920I, we have a step by step tutorial shared below. However, our advice is to start it only after carefully reading the steps from below:
Taking a backup of your data is very important each time you perform such an operation, so select a popular backup and restore app such as Titanium Backup, Helium, or MyBackup and you know what you have to do after that. The USB Debugging should be enabled on your smartphone. In order to enable it, just go to Settings – Developer Options – Enable USB Debugging.You must also install the drivers of Samsung Galaxy S6 on your computer and deactivate any security form that might interrupt the operation.
At the end, we recommend that you should have around 60% battery charge remaining on your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone before thinking on the rooting process. Do not hesitate to charge it and in case of starting the operation with low battery, your handset will most probably end up getting bricked if the battery runs out before the root procedure can be completed.
Also keep in mind that this operation voids the warranty and we are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the rooting process. You are performing this operation at your own risk only! And don’t forget that we are talking about the Latin American, Singapore, India, as well as Australia variant of Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920I) as the root package offered below is compatible only with the mentioned models; therefore do not apply this procedure on any other version of the device. It’s better to check the model number on your Galaxy S6 by going to Settings > About Phone > Model Number just to be sure that you made no confusion.
For further root methods available for other versions of the SGS6, don’t hesitate and check out our how to section.
How to Root SM-G920I Samsung Galaxy S6 device:
- Take the CF-Auto-Root for your version with the help of this link;
- Also download and install Odin on your PC;
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone;
- Enter Download Mode; in order to do that, press the following combination: Volume Down, Home and Power and then you will see a warning sign. Press the Volume up button and like that you will enter the Download mode of your Galaxy S6;
- Connect your smartphone with your computer;
- It’s time to open Odin from the file which you downloaded at Step 2;
- Once Odin is open you would be able to see Connected written at the bottom left of the software.
- Click on the PDA button;
- Select the CF-Auto-Root.tar file;
- Click on the Start button and wait;
- At the end, your ID:COM box will become green, so the procedure was successful;
- Disconnect the Galaxy S6 device from the computer.
Congratulations, your Samsung Galaxy S6 is finally rooted. Have fun discovering all its advantages and let us know if you need any help!