Verizon HTC One M9 can now be flashed with Android 5.1 (v2.6.605.15) StageFright Security update and I bet that this is exactly what many of you have been waiting for.
It seems that the Android 5.1 (v2.6.605.15) OS version comes with various performance improvements, UI tweaks and bug fixes, some improved Lollipop apps and features, not to mention that Stagefright can now be easily fixed with the help of this update right on your Verizon HTC One M9.
Do you want all these? There is no mystery about the fact that the OTA is offered gradually, so not all Verizon HTC One M9 handsets can receive the Stagefright fix at the same time. In such a case, it’s time to take the matter in your hands.
The procedure is not a complicated one, but don’t forget that you are suggested to follow each and every step exactly as given. As for the preparatory steps, they play an important part as well: for the start, you have to realize that the update is specifically prepared for the Verizon HTC One M9 version, so it must not be used in any other device and that the stock recovery Android image must be running on your handset. It seems that a custom recovery image, like TWRP or CWM recovery might stand in the way of this procedure.
You must also create a complete Nandroid backup for your device including contacts, call logs, images, text messages, internet settings, IMEI / NVRAM data, videos, audio files and so on and maintain at least 50% power back up to avoid any inconvenience during the update. Do not forget that you must also enable the USB Debugging option which is located under Menu – Settings – Developer options and that you have to prepare the original USB cord.
Do you have the appropriate drivers on your PC? You need them in order to easily connect the PC to your device and don’t hesitate to shut down any antivirus program you are running on both your PC and Verizon HTC One M9 as these programs might interfere with the procedure. Now, let’s take a look on the update process.
How to Install Android 5.1 (v2.6.605.15) StageFright Security Update on Verizon HTC One M9:
- For the start, use this link to download the Lollipop OTA update on your PC;
- Place the Verizon firmware package on the computer’s desktop and don’t unzip it yet;
- Connect your HTC One M9 with your PC with the help of your phone’s original USB cable;
- Transfer the downloaded file to your smartphone;
- Up next, simply remove the USB cord;
- You have to turn off your device;
- Now, enter recovery mode on your HTC One M9;
- From recovery select Apply Update;
- Choose the Lollipop OTA OS;
- Resume the flashing process by following all the on screen prompts;
- Return to the main menu of recovery and select “reboot system now”.
Do not hesitate to use the comments field below to let me know if you enjoy the Android 5.1 Lollipop update on your HTC One M9 device.