Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop StageFright Security Update on Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE
If you want to update your Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE with the newly rolled Android 5.1.1 Lollipop StageFright Security Update, then here I am to help you.
Your device must be receiving an update notification soon, probably in the next few days, but in case you don’t want to wait too long, I have a solution for you. Yes, you can speed up things and choose the manual update method in which you have to follow the below steps.
After all, Stagefright is indeed a critical vulnerability in the Android messaging code and requires an immediate fix for your Galaxy Tab 4, but for that you have to read and understand the steps from below.
So, among the pre-requirements, note that a full Nandroid backup of your data and do not hesitate to also install the appropriate drivers on your PC to connect your Galaxy Tab 4 handset properly to your PC, in order to flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Stagefright update manually.
You must also enable the USB Debugging option on your device and do not forget to disable it post update. If you can’t find the Developer Options under Settings, then you must enable it first, so go to Settings> About Device, tap 7 times on the Build Number section and then, return to Settings. From here you have to scroll down to Developer Options, open it and enable USB Debugging.
No less important, keep at least 50% battery backup on your Tab 4 in order to prevent the device from powering off during the installation process and don’t forget to prepare your computer by temporarily disabling Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE any security protection that might block Odin app from flashing any new files on your device.
And I want to avoid any confusion and clarify from the start the fact that this guide is for advance users only, so I cannot be held responsible for any of your mistakes. If you brick your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE, assume your responsibility. Even more, if you have root access on your device, please be aware that installing the update will unroot your device and verify that your tablet’s model number really is SM – T537V (check it under Settings> About Device).
How to Flash Android 5.1.1 Lollipop StageFright Security Update on Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 LTE:
- First of all, you have to download the T537VVRU3BOG1 Android 5.1.1 firmware archive from this link;
- Extract the T537VVRU3BOG1 tar.md5 and save it on your PC;
- Also take Odin3 v3.10.6 zip with the help of this link;
- Power off your tablet;
- Next, boot it in Download Mode;
- Open Odin exe on your computer;
- Connect the tablet to computer via USB cable;
- In Odin make sure that the ‘Re-Partition’ option is disabled;
- It’s time to click the AP button in Odin;
- Locate Android 5.1.1 T537VVRU3BOG1 tar.md5 firmware file; you have to load it right away;
- When you are ready you simply have to click START for the updating process to begin;
- After the successful installation of both the files, the device will reboot.
That was all! In case of any issues, feel free to let me know in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your problems.