Safety comes first – you don’t need me to tell you that. A number of Android apps for students have been developed with the idea of personal safety in mind, so don’t hesitate to find out more if you are a student. Such apps that I am telling you about help to keep users safe in all situations: if they ever find themselves out alone at night, if they are in campus, if they need help to get home and so on.
The Circle of Six app is an ideal example of such an Android app that you should know about as long as it has been especially designed for students to keep connected with close friends when they need it the most.
However, let me tell you that Circle of 6 can be actually used by everyone. It’s fast and private, so it can be easily used by for teenagers, parents, friends, or all communities seeking to be safe all the time.
The Android app is particularly useful for locating lost friends on nights out and lets the users to send their circle of no less than six friends an instant call for help at the touch of a button. The GPS tracker will immediately mark your location on your friends’ devices, making sure of the fact that you’ll be able to find one another in time.
Do you want to find out more about how it really works? That is what you have to do:
Learn How to Be Safe with Circle of Six:
- Circle of Six can be taken from here;
- Install it on your Android device;
- Choose to tap the “+” icon in order to add up to 6 people from your contacts to join your circle. Be careful; you have to select close friends that you can rely on or trusted adults;
- Tap the Car icon if you want to send a text to your Circle that says: “Come and get me. I need help getting home safely” along with your GPS coordinates;
- Tap the PHONE ICON CALL ME in order to immediately send a text to your Circle that says: “Call and pretend you need me. I need an interruption”;
- The CHAT ICON I NEED TO TALK can be tapped in order to wend a text to your Circle that says: “I need to talk”;
- The INFORMATION HELPFUL LINKS option provides direct access to information about safety;
- The PHONE OUT HOTLINES option offers immediate access to national hotlines and a specialized hotline of your choice, such as LGBTQ.
As you can see, Circle of 6 app for Android makes it quick to reach the 6 people you choose in order to prevent violence, to be saved from an uncomfortable situation or to receive help to get home. So, take the app, install it and be safe!
More tutorials that might help you in your student life can be found here: