How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 Device
Many users want to unlock the bootloader on Huawei devices because they want to install third-party software, root their devices, flash mods and Custom ROMs on their devices. I bet that you want the same for your Huawei Mate 20 device, but I have bad news for you.
Huawei has officially stopped providing bootloader unlock codes and this makes your wishes a lot harder to come true.
You can clearly still unlock the bootloader on your Huawei Mate 20, but this won’t come cheap. Well, an XDA member is offering an unofficial bootloader unlock codes for your handset, but this is a paid service. To be more precise, you have to pay up to $55 to get the bootloader unlock code from the official website.
- For the procedure to work, you must enable the Developer options. For that, to go to Settings > System > About Phone and tap on build number 7-8 times until you see a message ‘Developer option enabled’. Next, go to Developer option settings and Enable OEM Unlock;
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC;
- Charge the Huawei Huawei Mate 20 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the procedure;
- You should also take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted and I bet that you don’t want to lose anything;
- FunkyHuawei is also ideal to update, rebrand or unbrick your handset, so take a closer look at everthong it has to offer to your device.
By unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. We at AndroidFlagship will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while applying the below steps. As always, proceed at your own risk.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 Device:
- Get your Bootloader Unlock code from FunkyHuawei (available for $55);
- Check your email and save it somewhere safe as you are about to use it right away;
- Then, open the ADB and FASTBOOT folder;
- You must now open the command window / PowerShell by holding SHIFT key + Press right click on the mouse;
- Turn off your device and boot into fastboot mode;
- Now unlock your device’s bootloader with this command line.fastboot oem unlock ******. You must clearly replace the ****** with the unique unlock code which you purchased.
FunkyHuawei also revealed their intention to sell devices imported from Hong Kong that are pre-rooted or come with a bootloader unlock code. Anyway, it’s clear that they would me more expensive, but who knows? We’ll keep an eye on things.