Google just recently announced and confirmed the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow system, which includes more than 200 new emoji and some important security patches, so how can you refuse it? Even though the update started to roll out to Nexus current devices, I am aware that many of you choose a different path. Are you also one of those who have manually updated their Google Nexus 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow? Isn’t this change enough for you?
Then, there is nothing stopping you from rooting your Google Nexus 5 on MMB29K Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If this is also what you have in mind, this is the perfect guide for you! And don’t act so surprised to see that you’ll find all the steps to root your Nexus 5 through SuperSU v2.60. Yes, we have the same old root, but a brand new SuperSU package, so be sure that it will get you the desired result!
Before getting there, let me remind you that you will need to connect your Nexus 5 with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the USB drivers for LG Nexus 5 properly and take the original USB cord next to you, just as you have to check if you have the latest TWRP recovery tool installed.
The process will wipe off all the data stored on your device, so make sure to have your info backed up before you start the procedure. In order to avoid other problems such as connecting your phone to the computer, you have to enable USB debugging mode. Don’t take any other step before verifying that your handset is charged up to 60-65% battery level (These guides can be helpful in such a case or else your phone might get bricked) and you must also download Android SDK and install it right away (use this link).
And even though you might feel confident about such an operation, it’s my duty to remind you that messing around with your phone’s OS is no joke, and if you’re not careful, you could end up with a bricked handset, not to mention the warranty’s compromise. In any case, I cannot he held responsible for any damaged arising from this process, so assume full responsibility.
Right below you can find all the steps to root your Nexus 5 through SuperSU v2.60, so good luck!
Root your Nexus 5 on MMB29K Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
- Download Fastboot from here, depending on your OS:
For Windows from here;
For Mac, use this link;
For Linux, download it from here;
- From here you have to take the SuperSU v2.60 for Nexus 5 on your PC;
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot file in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC; do not hesitate to create directory if it’s not already there;
- Connect your Nexus 5 to the computer via USB;
- Transfer the SuperSU-v2.60 zip file to your device’s SD card root folder;
- Now, turn your Nexus 5 off;
- Enter the Bootloader mode;
- Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your computer;
- From there, open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt) and enter this command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-220.127.116.11.5-hammerhead.img
- Once done, enter recovery mode by choosing Recovery from the Fastboot menu;
- In the recovery mode (TWRP), scroll down to flash zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard;
- Go to the SuperSU-v2.60.zip file and select it;
- Confirm the installation process and wait;
- The last step of the procedure is to reboot your Nexus 5.