If there’s already a smartphone in your pocket, then why not giving a try to some of those popular Android GPS apps that are waiting for their users? However, if you start digging through Google Play for GPS apps, let me tell you that things aren’t too promising and you might not be ready for what you are going to find out. Trust me when I say that you’ll find many poor-quality free apps, as well as various high-quality apps, but the problem is that they are way too expensive.
What should you do in such a case? Let me come with an amazing suggestion that might be just what you are looking for. I am referring to Navfree which is a free offline GPS app that depends on OpenStreetMap data and that can offer you turn-by-turn directions, offline point-of-interest search, as well as spoken directions.
Even more, I know that many of you still prefer using a standalone GPS instead of such apps. Physical devices tend to offer some features that apps don’t, they have screens as large as seven inches and this is your chance to get more information on the screen. However, things are not much different with this app. Believe it or not, its main screen looks very similar to a dedicated GPS unit as you get live traffic information, local search, points of interest and driver scores, along with voice-guided navigation.
Navigation on Android is great, but what if you don’t have a data connection? Some of the features of the app, like the Google Search feature, require a data connection, but there’s more to it. Well, you will be glad to find out that the basic map-viewing, navigation and point-of-interest features don’t, so the problem is pretty much solved.
Over 23 million drivers already use Navfree and they love it, so what do you say? Is there any chance to become one of them as well? Here’s where you can find the app.
Do you want to keep experimenting? Then, let me be brief and tell you that there are plenty of other apps for anything that you might have in mind:
- Here you can find out more about LastPass – the Android Password Manager App that Locks your Passwords and Personal Info;
- Get in shape with Android Sworkit, an app that is the best choice for busy people thanks to some of its special features;
- Fall Asleep to your Favorite Music with Android Sleep Timer;
- Also read this article on the Best Android Camera Apps available for your device and you will be surprised by what you’ve missed up to now;
- Use Nike+ Training Club to Get Inspired with Workouts Led by Pro Athletes – use the steps provided in this guide.