Are you thinking of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge official ROM? A new ROM has come to the Samsung Galaxy S6 known as Noble ROM and I bet that it is exactly what you are looking for. To be more precise, it comes with the most recent Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM from the newest Samsung TouchWiz UI, amazing S7 Edge apps and a framework to support them giving you the feel that you actually own this Samsung flagship phone.
Even better, I can assure you of the fact that there aren’t any bugs, lags or other serious software related problems to worry about, so you can use it on your Galaxy S6 right away. However, I want to be clear about the fact that the guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920F; please do not apply it on other Samsung devices or else you risk damaging them.
Then, remember some important prerequisites to install the Galaxy S7 edge ROM on Galaxy S6. First of all, rooting your GalaxyS6 is a must if you want to get this new custom update. Even more, a custom recovery image must be installed on your phone and you already know my two favorite choices: TWRP and CWM.
As you will see, this update must be performed through a clean install. This mean that you must clear the internal storage system of your device – a hard reset will be implied and you will also have to clear the app’s data cache. So, don’t hesitate to back up any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 and be prepared for this step! Then, enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging and don’t forget that the safety of your handset comes first!
Even if you might not like the sound of it and you are in a hurry, let me tell you that your device must be charged to at least 60% of power. Like that, you can rest assured that your phone won’t turn off right in the middle of the procedure, so plug in the charger now!
How to Install Galaxy S7 Edge Ported ROM on your Galaxy S6:
- Download the Noble ROM from this link;
- Connect your Galaxy S6 smartphone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card;
- Then, feel free to disconnect the USB cord;
- The next step is to power off your smartphone;
- Enter into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously;
- From recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process;
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard;
- Find the Noble custom ROM for Galaxy S6;
- Confirm the flashing process;
- Go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 into the new custom ROM.
You can now enjoy the ported Samsung Galaxy S7 edge stock Android firmware on your Galaxy S6. Don’t hesitate to share your experience with us!