Learn to Fix Android N Startup Issue on Nexus 6
We have all been glad to see Google ready to offer us the Android N OTA update as long as many of us are Nexus owners who applied to the Android Beta Program. However, things are never perfect and sadly, many users are looking for a way to fix the Android N startup issue on Nexus handsets after applying the OTA update.
To tell you the truth, this problem can be extremely annoying. I don’t know about you, but I consider it as being one of the most difficult issues to try to solve on an Android smartphone, but rest assured! It isn’t impossible to do that! If your precious Nexus 6 has the very same problem, let me tell you about this procedure that will help you get rid of it.
For that to be possible – I am talking about downloading the Android N OTA update file and sideloading it on your Nexus device – you must have the proper USB drivers installed on the computer and to make sure you have a working ADB there too. Then, here’s what you have to do:
Learn to Fix Android N Startup Issue on Nexus 6:
- Access this direct link from where you should take the Android N OTA update zip file;
- Change the downloaded zip’s file name to ‘update.zip’;
- Now, it’s time to move the file in the ADB installation directory; in order to get there, you must enter into C -> Users ->User – ADB;
- Turn off your Nexus 6 device;
- Up next, boot your device into Recovery mode. To do so, you must press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together and release them when you see a warning screen showing up on your device;
- Wipe your data by selecting the ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ option;
- Then, select ‘Apply update from ADB’ in recovery;
- Establish a connection between your handset and the computer or laptop with the help of the original USB cord;
- Go to the ADB folder;
- You must launch a command prompt window. Do that by pressing the Shift key, right clicking and selecting the ‘open command prompt window here’ option;
- In the command prompt, enter the adb devices command;
- Have patience while the files are being properly installed;
- Then, choose the ‘Reboot system now’ option;
- If your device is listed, enter this command in the command prompt: adb sideload update.zip;
- Then, press the Enter key;
- All the files will be installed and only at the end you’ll have the chance to reboot the phone.
You might also find useful:
- This guide on how to Fix Android N Bootloop Issue on Nexus 5X;
- The tutorial on How to Solve Startup Problem on Nexus 6P;
- This procedure on How to Fix Android N Bootloop Issue on Google Nexus 9.