Fix Battery Drain Issue on Rooted Galaxy S6 Edge Devices
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge really managed to capture our attention, but we must also admit that if you really want to get the most out of your new Android smartphone, you should grant root access so you can overclock, boost the performance, create a longer lasting battery and more. Despite of all these advantages, this doesn’t have to mean that there are no occasional problems that you might stumble upon and here we have another example.
How to Root Chinese variant of Galaxy S6 Edge in less than a minute from here;
Root International variant (SM-G925F) of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from here;
Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge from here;
How to root your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge from here.
Sadly, there are more and more users complaining about the loss of deep sleep after root. Do you suspect that you might be one of them as well? It is better to find out than leaving the problem to solve on its own (this will never happen, by the way), so we recommend to check if your Galaxy S6 Edge smartphone is indeed experiencing this issue by installing CPUspy.
Open CPUspy once and then leave your phone in standby for about five minutes. Then, you have to Open CPUspy back up and see if you have anything showing in the deep sleep section. Any percentage means your device is also confronting with this Battery Drain Issue, but be sure that there is something that you can do about it!
Here we have two tutorials, one for those of you who have a custom recovery installed on their device, as well as one for the other Galaxy S6 Edge owners who don’t. In the first case, you have to take the SuperSu App from here, as well as the Android terminal emulator App by using this link, while for the second scenario, you have to use the Galaxy S6 deep sleep fix flashable zip” file. Let’s proceed:
Fix Battery Drain Issue on Rooted Galaxy S6 Edge Devices with no custom recovery installed:
- Open the Terminal Emulator that you have previously downloaded;
- Type: su;
- Grant permissions;
- Enter the following lines: mount -o rw,remount /system /system mkdir /system/su.d chmod 0700 /system/su.d echo “#!/tmp-mksh/tmp-mksh” > /system/su.d/000000deepsleep echo “echo ‘temporary none’ > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:1/cache_type” >> /system/su.d/000000deepsleep echo “echo ‘temporary none’ > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:2/cache_type” >> /system/su.d/000000deepsleep chmod 0700 /system/su.d/000000deepsleep reboot Deep Sleep Fix cmd
- Hit Enter or manually reboot the handset.
Fix Battery Drain Issue on Rooted Galaxy S6 Edge Devices with a custom recovery installed:
- Reboot into recovery mode;
- Then, press the Install option from the main screen;
- Choose the downloaded zip file that we have told you about (the “Galaxy S6 deep sleep fix flashable zip” file, to be more precise);
- Swipe to confirm flashing the file;
- No, it’s time to hit Reboot System and enjoy the changes!
We hope that we managed to shed some light on the situation! Don’t hesitate to let us know if the problem is gone after applying the appropriate procedure from above! The comments area is waiting for you!