How to Mute LG G4
Are you the owner of a new LG G4? I am in the same situation as well and the last few days all that I’ve did was to try to find out as much as possible about it, so here I am with a new guide that might help you.
Do you know what to do when it comes to muting ring tones and other notifications sounds on the LG G4? Well, let me tell you from the start that you have several options to choose from, so don’t hesitate to continue reading.
First of all, you need to learn how to mute a LG G4 in order to avoid any potential unpleasant situation or unwanted interruption when you’re in an important meeting, in a presentation or in an exam and not only.
How to Mute your LG G4 with Regular Mute Functions:
The quickest way to mute the LG G4 is by using the Silent mode. Don’t you know how to turn it on and how to set it up?
How to turn On LG G4 Silent Mode:
- First of all, turn on the smartphone;
- Up next, enter into Settings;
- Select Sound;
- Find the Quiet Mode option;
- In the upper right corner, there is an On & Off switch; don’t hesitate to turn the toggle On.
How to set up LG G4 Silent Mode:
- Below the Features section, you can find various option to select different types of alerts and sounds are blocked. I advise you to choose Block incoming calls and turn off notifications;
- In case of using the device’s alarm clock, do not check the box to Turn off alarm and time;
- You can also choose to allow specific contacts to reach you while in Silent Mode. You have the possibility to block everyone, select the favorites or a custom contact list to contact you;
- Do you want to block a certain caller? Do not hesitate to add the number to your contacts, click on the three dots in the upper right and add it to the reject list.
In addition to that, it seems that LG G4 has the ability to turn off sounds with simple motions and gestures and here I’ll tell you more:
How to Mute LG G4 with Motions and Gestures:
Gesture controls are becoming increasingly common in Android phones as long as they give you the chance to control certain features in an innovative manner. A great way to mute the LG G4 is to use the motion controls enabled on the LG G4.
In order to enable the motions and gestures settings to mute sounds, you have to:
- For the start, turn the phone over and laying it on its face, or by placing your palm over the screen;
- Then, you can simply access the Motions and Gestures controls from the My Device section on the LG G4 settings page.
Also learn how to Get True Silent Mode in Lollipop Based Devices.