Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge
If you’re hearing about a new Android M update made available for your SGS7 Edge, there’s nothing more infuriating than faving to wait. This case is no different. Even though T-Mobile has pushed the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update for Galaxy S7 Edge users on the magenta carrier, you still have to wait for the update to arrive OTA to your device.
If this is not your strongest point or in case you are running a custom ROM on your phone, then flash the Marshmallow update manually with the help of this tutorial. Anyway, before you make the move, there are a few steps that you must follow in order to ensure that your download and installation can go smoothly.
There’s always a chance for your precious files to get lost in the transition between the stock Android OS and the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update, so even though the factory reset doesn’t remove any data from the internal storage, I still strongly advise you to properly backup your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Then, enable the USB Debugging mode. The USB Debugging mode can be found under Menu – Settings – Developer options; therefore, first of all, enter into Menu – Settings – About phone and tap a few times on Built Number until you become a developer.
Any custom Recovery you might have installed on your T-Mobile S7 Edge is going to be replaced with a stock Recovery and if your smartphone is rooted, I am sorry to tell you that you will lose root access. However, these can be once again achieved at a later time, so don’t let this aspect be the one that stops you.
Do you think that you are ready? You are not there yet! Remember that both Samsung and T-Mobile recommend you to charge up your device before you attempt to download and install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update on it. You can easily brick the smartphone if you don’t do that before you initiate the download and installation process, so don’t find any excuse and plug in the charger!
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge:
- Enter here and grab the Android 6.0.1 G935TUVS2APB8 update;
- Then, you have to extract the contents from the archive and place it somewhere you can easily find it on your laptop or computer;
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7 from here as well;
- Extract the archived contents on the computer too;
- Power off the phone;
- After that, you can finally boot it in Download Mode;
- Open the Odin exe on your computer;
- Connect the Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC via the USB cord;
- Go to Odin’s main screen as long as there you have to click on ‘Options’ and disable ‘re-partition’;
- Tap the AP button in Odin as this will browse for the updating firmware file;
- Locate and load the G935TUVS2APB8 tar.md5 file in Odin;
- Tap on the Start button in order to begin the updating process of your smartphone;
- When the installation is done, you can see the PASS message shown in Odin;
- Reboot your phone and then wait for its first boot process to complete.
That was all!