Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 4 INDIA
After rolling out the Android Marshmallow update to the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S5, and Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphones in India, the Korean company has started rolling out the very same update to the Galaxy Note 4 device.
The Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is now available over-the-air to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users in India and if you are one of them too, then let me tell you that you are about to enjoy the new Touchwiz UI which comes with an updated visual design; Quick connect that lets you find and connect to nearby devices; advanced power saving mode that extends battery life, and not only.
However, there is something that you should know from the start: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow does not support the Decrypt device function, so if your handset is encrypted, encryption cannot be disabled after upgrading. And if the Samsung Gear or Gear Fit Manager app does not work normally after upgrading your Galaxy Note 4, then you must uninstall the app and install the latest version.
And even more important, what should you do if the update still hasn’t reached to your handset? The fact that is being rolled out in stages is not an advantage, so if you are a pro, feel free to skip the waiting part and apply the steps from this procedure.
Download and install the Samsung USB Drivers here in order to be able to detect the phone and don’t skip the part of enabling the USB Debugging on your computer. This must be done from the Developer Options settings or else the below guide won’t work (Go to Settings > About Device > Software info. Up next, scroll down to the build number and tap that number for around 7-times until the Developer option appear).
Then, you probably know that factory resetting the smartphone will only wipe its system partition, but this is not an excuse for not taking a backup of your data. Even if the procedure won’t delete any files from internal storage, accidents are more frequent than we want them to be, so it’s better to be prepared.
Up next, ensure that KIES is closed and not running in the system tray! Kies and Odin are indeed both created by Samsung, but be sure that Kies will interrupt Odin and it will block you from flashing.
Let me remind you that your phone’s model number has to be SM -N910G, so it’s much safer to check your phone’s model under Settings> About Phone than to make any confusion. And if your device is rooted, then you will lose root access, but this is not a problem as long as you can restore it later on.
How to Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Galaxy Note 4 INDIA:
- On your PC, enter here in order to take the N910GDTU1DPB6 Android 6.0.1 firmware archive;
- Extract the N910GDTU1DPB6 tar.md5 firmware archive;
- Download Odin 3.10.7 zip by accessing this link as well;
- Extract its content and place it on your PC or laptop;
- Power off your handset;
- Boot it in Download Mode;
- Launch Odin exe on your PC;
- Connect your device on to your computer using the USB cable (use the supplied USB cable for your phone);
- In Odin go to “options” tab and disable the ‘re-partition’;
- Click the AP button in Odin;
- Find the N910GDTU1DPB6 tar.md5 Android 6.0.1 file as you have to load it in ODIN;
- Then, hit the START button;
- Don’t do anything else until the update is done;
- How will you know that the procedure reaches to an end? Be sure that you will see the PASS alert shown in ODIN and your Galaxy Note 4 INDIA will reboot in normal mode.