Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on International Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F
Samsung is now rolling out the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update to all its International Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F handsets, so I bet that users are thrilled by the idea. After all, the latest Touchwiz provides enhanced usability, Quick connect helps you easily find and connect to nearby devices by showing currently connected devices, as well as previous connections, not to mention that even Samsung’s own apps have been optimized and enhanced and that you will enjoy a better battery life.
If you want to manually install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on International Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F, I totally support your decision; after all, who likes waiting? However, please take a look at the following important points you need to take care of before starting the actual procedure.
As I usually tell, you should always back up your important data that you might need after any form of procedure you want to apply on your device. Even if you shouldn’t see any data being removed from the internal storage as this is an official operation, a backup of your Samsung‘s phone data does no harm. Then, the USB Debugging option must be enabled in the Developer Options menu. If you can’t find the Developer Options, don’t panic, but enter into Settings> About Phone and tap no less than 7 times on the Build Number section. Go back to Settings, scroll down and there you can find the Developer Options.
And don’t forget that you must also install the USB drivers in order for Odin to work. USB drivers can be installed directly into your computer by simply unzipping the downloaded file and running as administrator to completely install them.
Samsung recommends you to charge up your International Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F before you attempt to download and install the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update it and I recommend the same. Charging it before you initiate the download and installation process is the guarantee that you need for not seeing the smartphone switching up in such a moment.
And don’t forget that this guide has to be applied only for the G900F International unlocked models of the Samsung Galaxy S5 devices. Verify the device’s version under Settings> About Phone. Don’t you imagine that this is your lucky day and that you can update any other devices with the files that you will find in this post as long as this is far from the truth. You only risk damaging them, so be very careful!
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on International Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F:
- Download the Android 6.0.1 G900FXXS1CPC8 firmware update archive on your PC; use this link to take it;
- Then, extract the contents from the archive (I am talking about the G900FXXS1CPC8 tar.md5 updating file);
- Download Odin 3.10.7 zip;
- Extract its content and place it on your PC or laptop;
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F;
- Boot it in Download Mode;
- Launch Odin exe on your PC;
- Connect the device to your computer via the USB cable;
- In Odin, you have to disable the ‘re-partition’ and leave the other options as they are;
- Click the AP button;
- Go to the update file that you have previously saved on the computer;
- Load it in ODIN;
- Once everything is set and ready to fire-up, hit the “START” button in Odin to begin flashing the stock-ROM;
- Do not ever interrupt the phone while already in flashing progress, like disconnecting the cable or turning off the handset;
- Have patience until seeing the PASS alert in ODIN. At that point, your handset will most probably reboot in normal mode.