How to Enjoy Pixel’s “Live Earth Wallpapers” on any Android Device
You know that Pixel and Pixel XL are surprising and the truth is that I have never seen anything similar to their “Live Earth Wallpapers” up to now. In case of not knowing, Google worked with design agency B-Reel to create these special wallpapers for its Pixel and Pixel XL flagships, and the end result is indeed one of a kind.
These “Live Earth” wallpapers, as they have been already called, combine Google Earth’s high-def satellite imagery with a 3D parallax effect that changes perspective as you move between screens.
The good news is that this special ‘Live Earth Wallpapers’ feature was ported by Pranav Pandey from XDA and works with all devices running Marshmallow or later. Almost all the features should work on your device except for “Your world, Solar System (Live earth wallpapers)” features which are only compatible to ARM64 devices.
In any case, there are various wallpapers to choose from and all of them are interactive. They shift when you move the Android phone, when you unlock it, and even change depending on the time of day and or according to the battery percentage.
If you are not convinced that this is possible or if you are curious and want to see the wallpapers in action, visit the following guide. However, if you really want to enjoy these live wallpapers on your device, you can simply install the ported APK – I am talking about the correct APK based on the Android version on your device and don’t forget to enable Unknown Sources on your device. To do this, you have to open Settings, then go to the Security option and choose to enable Unknown Sources right away.
You must also uninstall any previous Google Earth live wallpapers app/mods on your Android device and after doing that, you are good to go:
How to Enjoy Pixel’s “Live Earth Wallpapers” on any Android Device:
- For the start, let me tell you that here are the live wallpapers included in this pack: you can take [6.0.x] Live earth wallpapers (WallpapersBReel) by using this direct link; also feel free to grab the [7.0+] Live earth wallpapers (WallpapersBReel) directly from here;
- Download the above APKs for your device and install them just like any other APK;
- Then, you need to long press on your home screen;
- Be sure that you will see the Wallpapers shortcut on the bottom of the screen;
- Click the Wallpapers shortcut » Live Wallpapers and set the Google Earth live wallpaper of your choice;
- If your device supports the feature, then you must try the “Your World” wallpapers. They depict a live view of the sun’s position at your location overlaying the current radar imagery of the clouds.
So, did you like the Google Earth live wallpapers on your device? Let us know in the comments section below.