Enable AR Stickers on your OnePlus 3
Alongside the announcement of the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, Google did much more. The company also unveiled AR Stickers: augmented reality objects that you can drop into your own photos that take advantage of the company’s new ARCore platform. People were curious, yet Google just recently announced that it’s rolling the feature out to all Pixel devices running Android 8.1 Oreo.
In case of being the owner of a Pixel 2 phone or an original Pixel handset, all you have to do is to download the update to Android 8.1 being currently rolled out by Google, and the AR Stickers feature will appear in the settings on the Pixel phones’ camera app. Up to this point, you must simply select a character and placing them into whatever environment you’re viewing through your phone’s camera and that’s pretty much all of it. At the same time, note that the ARCore framework and the AR Stickers are available to download from the Play Store, which would suggest that other Android phones will soon get support for the Google AR features.
Do you want to learn to enable AR Stickers on your OnePlus 3? You know how things work: if you tried to manually install it on your handset, you would have probably failed. But now, with the help of XDA-Developers, you can now enable AR Stickers on non-Google devices including your OnePlus 3 one.
If you want to learn how to use AR Stickers, you’ve come to the right place!
Learn to Enable AR Stickers on your OnePlus 3:
- For the start, take and install the Modified ARCore;
- Do the same for the AR Stickers app;
- Then, you must also download “calibration_cad.xml” on your phone;
- Using a root-enabled file manager, it’s time to find your way into /system/etc;
- Copy the downloaded ‘calibration_cad.xml’ file to the location;
- Now, you can install the ‘BuildProp Editor’ on your device;
- Open the BuildProp Editor and press the edit (Pen-style icon) button;
- You must now add the following line to the end of the file:
- Then, tap the Save icon (Floppy disk);
- Next, select ‘Save & exit’;
- Reboot your device;
- At the end, you must install the modified Google Camera on your OnePlus 3: GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2.apk
- When the app is installed, go to the app drawer and launch the Camera application. Now, you can start using AR Stickers on your OnePlus 3 handset.