Turn Off Facebook Face Recognition System on Android
Facebook users all over the world started noticing a notification in their mobile app, declaring it was introducing face recognition for more features. The new developments are designed to give users more control over a few Facebook experiences. With the new feature enabled, you’ll be notified if you appear in other users’ photos, even if you’re not tagged.
After getting the notification, you can decide whether you want to tag yourself or ignore the photo. Analyzing individuals’ faces might seem like an advantage since you can find out whether or not a stranger is utilizing your picture as their profile image and assist visually impaired customers determine individuals in pictures.
Facebook has been utilizing face recognition to tag individuals in photos for years and years, so privacy is once again a downside. Not all of us are willing to accept the newest modifications and I must agree with you on that. This is why here you can find a detailed, yet very simple tutorial on how to flip off Facebook’s Face Recognition feature and remind yourself that you should always be the one who has the power of deciding.
How to Turn Off Facebook Face Recognition System on Android:
- For the start, you need to go to your profile. There, you have to click More, on the right, exactly under your profile photo;
- Up next, you must click View Privacy Shortcuts;
- Enter into More Settings;
- Go to Account Settings > Face Recognition Settings;
- While here, Facebook will offer a quick explainer about why they use face recognition and what the feature means. Read it, take your time to consider your options and if you think the same, then you need to tap the “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?” option;
- After that, you must choose the option that says No in order to disable the feature. That is all you have to do.
What are your thoughts regarding this change? Do you feel better now?