How to Solve Galaxy S9 Microphone Problem
Many of our readers shared their Galaxy S9 microphone problems to us and they all appear similar. We hope that the solutions we provide in this tutorial can effectively help you fix the problem since no person wants an issue that prevents the most basic function of making and receiving calls. If the microphone on your Samsung Galaxy S9 device isn’t working properly, then the one on the other end will not be able to hear you.
As you know, most hardware problems will need to be handled by a professional, but you can still hope that it is a software error. Maybe it is a glitch or a third-party app, so start investigating.
As for this precise problem, I know that there is a working solution for your Samsung Galaxy S9 microphone problem. You can use an external microphone which can be found at multiple retailers, just as some prefer using a wireless external microphone, yet I don’t find any of these as being a real fix.
Before going further, if you found this post because you were trying to find a solution to another problem, take a closer look to our other Galaxy S9 pages.
How to Solve Galaxy S9 Microphone Problem:
- At first, remove the case from your S9 if cut off microphone and make sure you clear the microphone port. These often fix the supposed errors and I hope that these will work for you too;
- You should also try to see if there’s an update available for your device. This isn’t only happening to you, but it actually is quite a widespread issue and many have reported it to Samsung. I know that fixes are often rolled out together with firmware updates. If there’s no update available, then move to the next step;
- Sometimes, a reboot may just be the magic solution to any smartphone problem, so don’t skip this essential step;
- If all these fails to make any difference, then reset your phone as it’s possible to discover that this is nothing more than an issue with the firmware. However, before you do that, take a backup of your files and data as they will be deleted during the process:
- Hold down the Power button to turn off the phone;
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key;
- When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for a few seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options);
- Press the Volume down key several times in order to highlight ‘wipe data / factory reset’;
- Tap the Power button to select;
- Press the Volume down key until ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted;
- Then, you need to press Power button to select and start the master reset;
- When the master reset is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted;
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
- If none of the prior methods is able to help and your Samsung Galaxy S9 mic refuses to work, at this point you should consider opting for service.
If you found this article helpful or would simply like to let me know you liked it, then don’t hesitate to hit the comments area from below.