Install Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin (detailed guide)
Hey guys, here I am today to share the simple process of installing the Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin. This guide is perfect for those times when you want to restore your firmware when your device is soft-bricked, if you want to flash back to a previous version on your Samsung device or if you have reasons to think your stock ROM is faulty.
Using Odin is the most effective solution for your case. Odin is a Windows-based one-click tool that is used by the Samsung internally to flash firmwares, kernels, ROMs and other files which are in the .tar and .tar.md5 format. The tool is a Standalone executable package which doesn’t need any special extensions, it’s quite simple in the design itself, yet very reliable, so I am sure that you will have no problems while using it.
Despite of the fact that Odin is fairly simple, there are a few requirements you’ll need to learn first.
- Initially, I strongly recommend to take a backup of your apps, contacts, messages, photos, videos and any other important data stored on the internal storage of your Samsung phone or tablet;
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool. Now it’s Odin3_v3.13.1.zip, but keep an eye on things as versions change frequently;
- You might already have Samsung USB drivers or Samsung Kies installed on your laptop or computer. But if you have not yet installed any of them, it’s time to do it now. Once drivers are installed or updated, it is highly recommended that you restart your computer;
- If you are starting the procedure and the battery juice drains away during the procedure, your Samsung handset might be hard-bricked. So make sure that your device is fully, or at least 60% charged!
Odin is supposed to work on Samsung devices only, therefore don’t use this guide on any other devices. And even if you receive all my help, there is no guarantee on anything. Do it at your own risk and assume responsibility for every single taken step.
How to Install Samsung Stock Firmware via Odin:
- To start the procedure, download the Samsung stock firmware for the handset you own handset;
- Extract the downloaded firmware ZIP to an easy to reach location on the PC;
- The extracted firmware files should be in ‘.tar‘ or ‘.tar.md5‘ format;
- It’s time to extract the Odin ZIP (e.g. Odin3_v3.13.1.zip) too;
- Open the extracted folder (e.g. Odin3 v3.13.1) and double-click on ‘Odin3.exe‘ file;
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode;
- You device should be automatically recognized by Odin. At the lower-left of Odin interface, it should show a message that says “Added!” and the COM port should light up in the Odin window;
- Then, tap on the AP button and select the firmware file starting with AP;
- Do the same for ‘BL’, ‘CP’, and ‘CSC’;
- Note that the regular CSC file will completely wipe the device. In order to preserve the data, simply select the ‘HOME_CSC’ file;
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected in the Options tab. Leave everything else as it is;
- With all these in order, click “Start” to begin the flashing process. This will take a few minutes to complete, so do not worry!