Turn on Double Tap to Wake Device on your Pixel 3
There was a time when you could use a 3rd party app from the Play Store to emulate the Double Tap feature on your Android device. I have tried some of them too, but my recommendations have mostly been limited due to the fact that many of these apps do not work as they should or simply have their functionality restricted to the home screen. The wiser choice, obviously, would be to forget all about such apps since you can now find the option directly into your Pixel 3 phone.
This has been on a number of devices previously, but it finally turned into a standard Android feature. And since you rock such a device, why wouldn’t you turn on the Double Tap to Wake device feature on it? Aae you worried about the problems reported on forums by Pixel 2 owners?
Double tapping to wake up device works 1 out of 3 tries, as some users tend to claim, especially if you double tap wakeup, turn off the screen, try to double tap again. Sometimes it will work, other times it will fail and you would get stuck with having to manually press the button.
This sounds far from promising, I know it, but it isn’t happening to all users, you can be sure of that. I personally put my faith in this Pixel 3 functionality. As always it’s up to you, and if you decide to go forward, then this procedure will definitely help you:
Turn on Double Tap to Wake on your Pixel 3:
- The first thing that you have to do is to head into your smartphone’s Settings;
- Now, go to Display > Advanced;
- Here you can find the Ambient display waiting for you. Do not hesitate to tap on the option that says “double-tap to check phone”;
- Note that this only works when the always-on display is turned off, so do not say that you have not been warned about this aspect;
- Then, you must only double tap the screen and you’ll be shown the details, as you’ve wanted from the start.