Sign Up to Galaxy S8 One UI 9.0 Pie Beta Program
Even if previously only the Samsung Galaxy S9, S9 Plus and Note 9 have been eligible for the Pie One UI beta program, things are now changing. The Korean manufacturer is also accepting older devices in the program. The update firmware version for your Galaxy S8 is G950FXXU4ZSA5 and I bet that this is all that you have in mind.
Keep though something in mind even from the start. The One UI Beta program that you are about to get is just a beta program. While you do have the chance to try out the latest firmware release from Samsung, this opportunity comes with the risk of system instability and broken features. The feedback received through this Beta program will be used to work upon the Stable builds, but this is expected to land only in Q2 2019.
It can be an adventure – some might say. And something tells me that you are one of those eager to try it out too. Galaxy S8 users from the Indian region can sign up right away, and it is expected that the update will be released for the United Kingdom and South Korea in the near future too.
So, what are you waiting for? Use the steps here presented to make it happen right now:
Sign Up to Galaxy S8 One UI 9.0 Pie Beta Program:
- At first, you need to download the Samsung Members app from Google Play Store;
- You may also go to Samsung Apps and download the app there;
- Launch Samsung Members;
- Then, just sign in with your account;
- You may now go to Notices and tap on One UI Beta Program Registration. This way you can submit an application;
- Now, it’s time to go back and head over to Settings > Update Software;
- Here you must select Download Updates Manually and no other thing.
Once you have done this, your Galaxy S8 phone will receive the Pie update with the brand new One UI as soon as it becomes available. Let us know when this happens for your handset too.