How to Keep your Pixel 3 XL from Heating Up
The Google Pixel 3 XL won’t surprise you with its looks, but take a look at the camera and its A.I. capabilities, and you’ll get the point. It’s one of the best phones of the year and for a good reason! Here you can find one of the best cameras in a smartphone and get the very best software experience on an Android phone. There’s also a 3,430mAh battery sitting in the Pixel 3 XL, but this one is less impressive.
The Pixel 3 XL will pretty much get you through a day of use, but it isn’t the best performer out there in terms of battery life. And like it or not, it is common for batteries to be warm from use or charging and other common reasons.
You get the point, right? The battery will drain much faster when it’s hot, even if you’re not using it.
This sort of drain can damage your battery in time, so you should better do your best to keep your Pixel 3 XL from heating up.
When this happens?
If your device is experiencing frequent overheating, it could be for a number of solvable reasons, mostly related to overloading the hardware. You’ll most likely experience such problems when:
- Playing games that demand a lot from your central and graphics processing units. They are housed in a central system-on-a-chip and eventually become warm, as they require more power to carry out their tasks;
- Tethering your device or using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot;
- Using it while it’s charging;
- Downloading or uploading a lot of data over a 3G or Wi-Fi connection.
Keep your Pixel 3 XL from Heating Up:
- First of all, keep in mind that your phone warms up when it’s plugged in. Therefore, don’t ever keep it charging more than needed;
- If you have used the phone at a stretch for more than 150-200 hours without any restart, this may lead to overheating. So, what you should do is press down the Power button for 10 seconds and the device will power cycle. Then, it will vibrate to start the rebooting process. Once rebooting is completed, check if the issue of overheating in your handset is resolved. If not, then move to the next tip;
- Reduce your device’s display brightness. Open your device’s Settings app Settings app and then Display and then Brightness level;
- Remember to always pause resource-intensive features or apps until your device cools down;
- If your Pixel 3 XL is severely overheating, take your case off. If your phone is hot, your case traps the heat. Taking the case off will allow the phone’s heat vents to do their job fully without being blocked. This will help your phone cool down so much quicker;
- If you must charge your phone overnight or for a long period, it’s best to leave it on a cool hard surface, instead of on a bed which normally traps heat. For similar reasons, don’t leave the phone lying in direct sunlight either;
- If you already tried everything but the situation is still same, the last resort is to go for a factory reset. But it will erase everything from the device, so you need to set it up from scratch. Therefore, don’t forget to back up your data.