How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Conversations
Having a complete backup strategy doesn’t just mean backing up your laptop or desktop. As phones and other mobile devices are used by us daily, the rule applies for them too. Think of everything that you’ve stored on your Android device in time. I am talking about so many photos and videos, personal information, important work files, medical information, music, or any other file that is of utmost importance to you.
All in all, this info is the one used in your daily life, such as personal connections, work-related activities, entertainment, monetary transactions or health info. What about WhatsApp? Is there something of any valuable in your conversations? Well, just take a second or two to think about it. You do have there important data, don’t you? And you are not the only one.
The good news is that WhatsApp allows you to back up your conversations so you can transfer them to a new phone or simply another device. This is very handy considering how often we tend to switch phones. Once you’ve backup up your conversations you can restore them on another handset, so let me show you how easy this can be done.
That’s the procedure that you need to apply:
How to Backup and Restore WhatsApp Conversations:
- First of all, you need to launch WhatsApp from your Home screen or from the app drawer;
- Then, find your way into the Menu – it’s a 3-dots symbol on the top right-corner, in case of not knowing;
- You must then go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup;
- Up next, tap Back Up Now;
- To restore chats from a backup, just download the WhatsApp app on a new device and open it. You’ll then be promoted to decide if you want to restore chats from the previous backup.
For backing up more data, you may use professional backup programs or apps for Android users. In time I recommended several according to such needs. Hope you’ll easily find them or ask for more help.
That’s why I am here for to begin with!