Install Android 4.4 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Omni ROM
Are you the owner of an Asus Transformer Pad TF300T? Then you probably like the fact that it successfully combines productivity and flexibility, it gives you the possibility to work from anywhere offering you access to all of your office files (thanks to Polaris Office, of course), not to mention its bright 1280 x 800 pixels touchscreen or the powerful quad-core Cortex-A9 GPU. But isn’t that right that all these specs would look even much better if you’d have the possibility to install the latest Android 4.4 on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T?
Now you can do that, but we are only talking about the Omni ROM version taking in consideration that Asus probably won’t be updating its TF300T to KitKat. It is not up to us if deciding or not to follow this procedure; this is exclusively your decision to make. All we can do is help you through the entire process of installing Android 4.4 with Omni ROM and warn you about all the potential risks that you are facing.
Review the risks:
- This tutorial is for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T and not any other Android device that you might own. In order to be completely sure that this is exactly your tablet (trust us, we know how strange it might sound, but it is better this way), just search the model number from its packaging box of your handset or go into the ‘About device’ option under Settings. It must be TF300T; otherwise, your installing adventure has already reached to an end;
- You must start by having the Android 4.2 Bootloader; then unlock the bootloader before installing the Android 4.4 based ROM or the procedure will fail and you risk damaging your Asus Transformer tablet;
- The story is similar when it comes to the necessity of having any version of custom recovery. We are talking about the possibility to choose between ClockworkMod and TWRP, but if you have a hard time deciding, here we have more details that can help you; anyway, it would be though ideal if you install the latest version and not an old one which could have a limited compatibility with this Omni ROM;
- Remember that despite of the lack of any issues reported up to now, this version is NOT the official one and probably you won’t even receive such a thing;
- We want to clarify from the start the fact that we won’t be held responsible for any damage caused to your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T due to the procedure given in this page. Anyway, it is unlikely to see your tablet damaged if you follow all the instructions exactly as they are mentioned in the following procedure, without skipping or changing the order of any step.
- Don’t forget to back up all the data that might be important for you. You can use Google Play Store (this is one of the most accessible ways for doing that) or any other method that you feel comfortable with;
- Prepare your computer or notebook for the following procedure by uninstalling the security protections; besides that, remember that it is safer to conceit to your tablet only by using the original USB cord and not any other model;
- Check once again if you have the USB Driver Installed for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T in your PC. If not, you must immediately download it from here;
- Make sure that your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T has at least 60% battery power; if not, you know what you need to do before taking any further action.
Download the KITKAT TWRP RECOVERY FILE from here, the GAPPS FILE from here, the ROM FILE from here and the ROOT FILE from here. You have to place them in a separate folder on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T and only after that you can start to install Android 4.4 version.
How to install Android 4.4 on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T with Omni ROM:
- Boot into Recovery mode;
- Don’t forget the importance of creating a Nandroid Backup by going to Backup And Restore » Backup; this will help you protect all your data and in case if something goes wrong, it lets you restore to current status;
- Go back to main recovery menu after the backup is complete and perform a data wiping task. For that, you need to select the ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’ selection and tap on ‘Yes’;
- Then, you must install the KitKat TWRP Recovery file that you downloaded before;
- Return to the main recovery menu and select reboot system;
- Boot once again into Recovery mode and install the ROM file and the Gapps file.
Now, is just a matter of a few minutes until your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T will boot after installing Android 4.4. But if your tablet gets bootloop (and sometimes it happens that), you can do a factory reset and things will go back to normal.