How to Hard Reset Xperia Z2
The successor of the Sony Xperia Z1 was released at MWC in Barcelona, Spain and there is no need for us to tell you of what impressive device we are talking about.
But if you feel that apps are laggy, if you experience a blank screen or if the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone makes noises or you can’t make or receive calls, we have just one advice for you: you must hard reset it as soon as possible.
We don’t say that you should not try removing the battery for a while or shutting your phone off, but if the problems are indeed serious, these actions won’t be that useful as you might expect thus a factory reset or a hard reset operation must be applied on your Xperia Z2.
Even more, you should know that a hard reset (or a factory reset) is recommended in many other cases as long as it practically restores the Xperia Z2 to its basic factory settings, erasing all those applications that were installed by the user as well as all user data.
So, we can that this method is also ideal if want you resolve persistent problems caused by various procedures such as unlocking the bootloader, gaining S-Off, gaining root access, installing a custom recovery image, updating with a custom ROM firmware and more.
And the list can continue by adding that such a hard resetting procedure is also indicated if you think that a virus might have affected your Sony Xperia Z2, but don’t take any action before reading and understading all the preparatory steps that we have here:
- This hard reset guide is only compatible with Sony Xperia Z2, so don’t try it on any other handset; don’t hesitate to check our ‘How to’ section if you want to find a tutorial for your device or ask for our help;
- Hard resetting wipes everything from your internal Sony Xperia Z2 SD Card, so save all your important files or you risk losing everything; despite of the fact that external SDcards aren’t usually wiped in these procedures, we still recommend to remove it in case of using one; we cannot guarantee that no accident will happen;
- Your Sony Xperia Z2 has to be at least 70% charged or you can be interrupted in the middle of the procedure by your phone powering off;
- We are not responsible for any damages that may happen due to an incorrect application of this guide that we have here. It is true that you don’t need to be an advanced Android user in order to complete this factory resetting operation, but this is only your responsibility to assume, so be sure that you know what you are doing or you risk bricking or damaging your Xperia Z2 handset.
How to Hard Reset your Xperia Z2:
- Press the Apps button and go to Settings;
- Scroll down to Personal section;
- Choose ‘Backup & Reset’ followed by ‘Factory Data Reset’;
- Now, the Reset Phone button;
- The, select ‘Erase Everything’ in order to confirm your action;
- Your Sony Xperia Z2 will power off and come back on.
So, that was all; as you can see, you have just learned how to hard reset Sony’s Xperia Z2 and it wasn’t at all a difficult operation!
And if you also want to enter recovery mode on your Xepria Z2 device, we also have the tutorial that you are looking for!