How to Install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6
ClockworkMod is a dedicated software available for the Android system, commonly referred to as CWM and used especially on update types of operations. Once flashed, this recovery can easily replace the stock recovery of your Samsung Galaxy S6, not to mention that it gives you the possibility to perform various system level operations, so we know why you are thinking in completing this tutorial.
To be more precise, we are talking about creating and restoring images backups, flashing a portion of or an entire custom ROM (unlike the stock recovery, CWM is able to entirely replace the device’s primary Android operating system from your Galaxy S6) and more. Do you want all these on your Samsung Galaxy S6 handset? Here we are to guide you, so don’t be worried about a thing. We can even assure you of the fact that CWM recovery is one of the most popular apps for the Android system and is working without bugs or lags, so let’s prepare your device.
This is a manual flashing operation, so prepare yourself the original Galaxy S6 USB cable and a computer. On your computer, you must also deactivate the antivirus and security protection and install the Galaxy S6 USB drivers. Even more, on your phone you should head towards Menu – Settings – Developer options for enabling the USB debugging option and be sure that the battery level is not lower than 60% or it could turn off during the operation and finally lead to a bricked device.
Also keep in mind that this operation isn’t official, so installing CWM recovery on your Android device will make you lose the Samsung warranty; therefore, be careful when completing the steps from below and don’t forget that we have a special guide on How to Restore the Warranty on your Android device (accesit it from here) which will easily solve this problem!
How to install CWM Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6:
- From here download the CWM recovery app file and place it on your computer;
- Also download the most recent version of Odin and install it on your computer;
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 by pressing the Power key for about 15 seconds;
- On your computer run Odin;
- Enter Samsung Galaxy S6 in download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time;
- Connect your smartphone with your computer by plugging in the original USB cable;
- The ID:COM section will turn yellow or blue as a proof that your smartphone has been recognized;
- From Odin select the ‘PA’ option;
- Choose the CWM recovery file from desktop;
- Click on Start and wait for the flashing process to be completed;
- The “pass” message will be displayed and the ID:COM section will eventually turn green. This means that you are done!;
- Just enter recovery mode and enjoy the changes!
If there is something unclear for you, don’t hesitate and use the comments field from below in order to share it with us. Be sure that we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as possible!
Here we also have a guide on how to Flash TWRP Recovery on Various Galaxy S6 Versions.