How to Boot LG G4 in Recovery Mode
Your LG G4 comes in a stock recovery image when you get it out of the box, but this is only the beginning. The recovery image is a link between the user and the handset’s internal system and the recovery image can be used trough recovery mode.
So, booting the device is necessary if you want to customize and optimize the LG G4 performance and here I am to help you.
In order to go to the recovery mode, you are requested to install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM first in order to gain full control over your smartphone – that if you want to tweak your LG G4, as reaching stock or default recovery can also be achieved by using the steps from below.
After that, you have the ability to update the software, to complete a hard reset, to create a backup to protect from the loss of any information and any other customizations that you want for the Android system.
Keep though in mind the fact that this process is only for LG G4 and don’t be worried about the warranty of your device. I can assure you of the fact that reaching recovery is an official operation which means just one thing: this won’t make you lose the warranty.
So, are you prepared for the procedure? Trust me when I am telling you the fact that reaching recovery mode on your LG smartphone is easy; you can do it in three different ways, so don’t hesitate to choose the operation that you prefer the most from the following ones:
How to Boot your LG G4 in Recovery Mode (use the hardware buttons):
- Turn off your phone, so press the Power button once for selecting “power off” or simply press and hold the power key for a few seconds;
- Don’t hesitate to press Power, Home and Volume Up buttons together and hold them;
- When the LG logo appears, you can finally release the Power button for 1 second;
- Then, you must hold it back;
- You will see a white screen with various options available;
- Use volume up and down to select Yes or No and Power Button to authorize the selection.
- That’s it; now your LG G will boot into recovery mode.
How to Boot your LG G4 in Recovery Mode (use ADB commands):
For completing this tutorial, you must use a computer will and install Android SDK. Then, don’t forget to enable developer options, so go to Settings, select About Phone and tap on Built Number seven times. Also enable the USB debugging option, so enter into Settings, choose Developer Options and check the USB debugging section. And now, you are ready for the operation:
- Establish a connection between your LG G4 and the computer by using the USB cable;
- On your PC, you must navigate to the folder where you have installed Android SDK;
- Feel free to open a command prompt window;
- In the cmd window type “adb reboot recovery” and press Enter;
- Your LG G4 will reboot into recovery mode, just as you want it from the start!
And that’s not all! I even have a third guide for you:
How to Boot your LG G4 in Recovery Mode (use a third party app):
In order to use a third party app such as Quick Boot app, you must root your smartphone and apply the following steps:
- Take the Quick Boot app from here;
- Install the app;
- Just open Quick Boot and select Recovery;
- Your LG G4 handset will be rebooted into recovery mode.
So, there you have it; that’s how you can enter your LG G34 into recovery mode, so I hope that you have been successful. If not, I am here to help you, so tell me more about the problems that you’ve encountered.
What do you mean by “home button”?
The Power-Button on the back of the phone.
There is no home button to press.