Install Android 5.1.1 N915PVPU4COG1 StageFright Security Update on Sprint Galaxy Note Edge
Do you have a Sprint Galaxy Note Edge smartphone? Are you afraid that it might be affected by StageFright or do you simply feel that it’s time for a change? You shouldn’t wait any longer, but you can already install the Android 5.1.1 N915PVPU4COG1 StageFright security update on your device with the help of this guide.
However, make sure to read and follow all the steps as they are mentioned in this tutorial. Without reading the preparatory steps and directly starting the Android 5.1.1 update operation, you might easily end up in bricking your Galaxy Note Edge smartphone for which you are the only one responsible.
A full backup of your Galaxy Note Edge data should be taken, just for the case that something bad happens during the Lollipop N915PVPU4COG1 update and you cannot follow the initial plan,. Moreover, you have to enable the USB Debugging option. If the Developer Options menu is not shown under the Settings menu of your phone, then you have to enter into About Phone and tap 7 times on the build number section; in the end, you have to return to Settings, open the Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging.
You must also prepare a computer for this procedure, so install the Note Edge drivers and temporarily disable the antivirus and any security protection that you might have installed as it could block Odin from running on your smartphone and compromise the updating operation.
You should also keep at least 50% battery backup on your device as it prevents the phone from powering down when you expect it the less. And as long as this is an official firmware, it will not void the warranty of your Galaxy device.
How to install Android 5.1.1 N915PVPU4COG1 StageFright Security Update on Sprint Galaxy Note Edge:
- Download the Android 5.1.1 N915PVPU4COG1 with the help of this link;
- After that, extract its contents; you should obtain the N915PVPU4COG1 tar.md5 file;
- You also have to download the Odin3 v3.10.6 from here;
- Power off the phone;
- After that, you have to boot it in Download Mode;
- Launch the Odin exe on your computer;
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the USB cable;
- Return to ODIN;
- Do not forget to make sure to disable the ‘Re-Partition’ option;
- Click on ODIN’s AP button;
- Find the N915PVPU4COG1 tar.md5 firmware file;
- Now, you have to load it;
- Press the START button in order to initiate the updating process;
- You will immediately the PASS alert shown by Odin;
- The phone will finally reboot;
- The first boot process of this new official firmware will take longer than usual, but don’t worry! It’s perfectly normal for that to happen!
If you face any issues with the update procedure, let me know in the comment section. I will try to help you as soon as possible.