Flash Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2COH2 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 G920
Do you think that your Galaxy S6 G920 is ready for a change? I bet that you are thinking of the latest Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2COH2 Lollipop and here I am to help you all the way. You will have to flash the firmware file using Odin and the procedure is not all a complicated one, but don’t forget that there are some key aspects to know before performing the manual installation:
First of all, you have to use this guide only for the Samsung Galaxy S6 International version, so check the model number of your phone under Settings> About Phone. The version of your phone has to be SM – G920F or you have to stop here.
You must also back up your data, just to be on the safe side; if your phone is running Stock Android, then you will not lose any data, but it is always better to be careful. Do not forget to enable USB Debugging on your phone from its Developer Options menu, so carefully follow these steps. If you can’t find the Developer Options, you have to enter into Settings> About Phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number section. Next, go back to Settings, open Developer Options and enable the USB Debugging option. The device should have at least 60 percent battery power and don’t forget that the USB drivers must be installed on the computer.
Also accept the fact that if you have rooted your device, you can apply the steps from this guide, but you will be losing root access. And the same thing will happen with any custom Recovery that you might have installed as this will be replaced with a stock Recovery.
Read: How to install TWRP Recovery on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6;
Flash TWRP Recovery on Various Galaxy S6 Versions (China, Korea, T-Mobile, US Cellular and more);
Install TWRP Recovery on International Samsung Galaxy S6.
No less important, I cannot be blamed in case you brick your phone nor in case you lose important files. This is only your responsibility to assume.
How to Flash Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2COH2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S6 G920:
- First of all, you have to access this link in order to take the G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 update on your computer;
- After the download is completed, you have the possibility to extract the archived contents;
- After that, download the Odin3 v3.10.6 zip from here as well;
- You have to extract the Odin files;
- Power off the phone;
- Boot your Galaxy S6 in Download mode;
- Now you can open Odin exe on your PC;
- Connect your smartphone to your PC via the original usb cable;
- Go to Odin’s main screen and disable the Re-Partition option;
- Then, you can start the updating process by clicking on Odin’s AP button;
- Locate the G920FXXU2COH2 tar.md5 firmware;
- You must load it in Odin;
- Tap the Start button to start the update;
- Wait until all the files are installed;
- After the update is done, be sure of the fact that the phone will reboot;
- Feel free to unplug it from your PC and enjoy the changes.