Enable WiFi Tethering on Verizon LG G4
Do you want to enjoy Internet across all your WiFi enabled devices using Wifi Tethering on your Verizon LG G4? Who says that this is not possible? Mobile Hotspot or WiFi Tethering is a feature in mobile smartphones or similar gadgets that lets you share your Internet with so many other Wifi enabled devices.
So, this is your opportunity to access Internet anywhere on any device with Wifi capabilities, whether it is your smart TV or your precious WiFi enabled tablet.
I know that all these sound tempting, especially with Project Loon and other such projects which are trying to bring Wi-Fi in the light spot, but there is something else that you should know from the start. In order to enable WiFi Tethering on Verizon LG G4, you need a rooted Verizon LG G4, so apply the steps from this guide: How to Root Verizon LG G4 VS986 Using One-Click-Root Solution.
Then, let’s return to the actual procedure:
How to Enable WiFi Tethering on Verizon LG G4:
- Download the HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk’ with the help of this link;
- Then, you have to install a root capable file explorer such as Root Browser which can be taken from here;
- Copy the APK file to your LG G4;
- Go to the APK file on your phone using a root enabled file explorer;
- Up next, just cut and copy the APK file in order to move it;
- Then, you must go to ‘/System/App/HotspotProvision’;
- Change the ‘HotspotProvision.apk’ name to ‘HotspotProvision.bak’;
- Navigate to arm64 sub folder;
- Now, you have to move the modified ‘HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk’ file to this location : ‘/system/app/HotspotProvision’;
- Long press on the file you just pasted;
- Then, choose Properties > Permissions;
- Change the permissions to 644 (rw-, r–, r–);
- Then, run this command in a Terminal on your LG G4 ‘chmod 644 /system/app/HotspotProvision/HotspotProvisionVZWG4.apk’.lgg4
- Reboot your device;
- Do not hesitate to go into Settings;
- Open Mobile HotSpot under Network settings and enjoy the changes!
That was all you had to do! However, you can also learn how to apply this operation on other devices; to be more precise, you can:
- Enable WiFi Tethering on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 with the help of this simple guide;
- or you can also Enable WiFi Tethering on Sprint LG G4 (No Root Required) by using these steps.
As for your Verizon LG G4, learn:
- How to Speed Up LG G4 in Seconds without Root;
- How to Check LG G4 Touchscreen Performance – use this guide for that;
- Customize your LG G4 with new Android Themes;
- Enter here and learn how to Use Floating Apps with QSlide on your LG G4;
- How to Change the Soft keys on LG G4 and not only. The How to section is much more genrous than that.