Install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable Release on Sprint Galaxy Note 2 L900
Do you want to enjoy Android 5.1.1 on your Sprint Galaxy Note 2 L900? You can do that through the CM12.1 ROM, so what are you waiting for? Although I am talking about nothing more than an unofficial builds compiled from CyanogenMod sources, let me tell you that it is really stable, being ideal for a daily use.
However, you cannot jump to the actual CM 12.1 update procedure and skip the preparatory steps as you risk damaging or bricking your Sprint Note 2: for the start, don’t forget to make a backup and enable the USB Debugging before starting the installation process.
If you don’t know, the USB Debugging can be found under Developer Options and if it’s not there, then you need to enable it by going to Settings> About Device> find Build Number and tap on it no less than 7 times. Then, it’s time to go back to Settings, open Developer Options and then enable USB Debugging.
Your Galaxy Note 2 has to be running a rooted firmware and even more, a custom Recovery should also be installed on your device; it can be CWM, TWRP or any other choice that you might have in mind, but the installed custom Recovery has to be updated to its latest version in order to support the CM 12.1 stable Android 5.1.1 custom ROM installations.
Check the device’s battery charge level and make sure that it is over 60%, as it prevents it from powering down during installation and don’t forget to prepare your PC as well by installing the drivers and deactivating the antivirus protection. Use this post only for the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 device; to be more specific, your phone’s model number should be L900. If it is not, then I can assure you that this procedure is not for you.
With these being said, here are the steps to help you update the Sprint Galaxy Note 2 L900 device to the Android 5.1.1 based CM 12.1 custom firmware:
How to Install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable Release on Sprint Galaxy Note 2 L900:
- Download CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM with the help of this link;
- Also download the Gapps package by using this link;
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 L900 to the computer by using a USB cable;
- You have to copy the ROM and Gapps zip files to your phone’s SD card root folder;
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your HTC device;
- Boot your device in the Bootloader mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power keys.
- Follow the on screen instructions and select Bootloader > go to Recovery;
- From there, perform a wipe data task;
- From the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset;
- Confirm the process;
- Also perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache;
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard;
- Find the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 custom firmware file and confirm the flashing process;
- After the ROM is flashed successfully, repeat the above step for choosing the Gapps package;
- Go back to the main recovery menu; from here you have to reboot your device.
The initial boot up might take longer than you are expecting it to, so wait patiently until the device boots up.