Get Android N Double Tap Recents Gesture on your Android Device
As you can see, there is a simple way to get Android N’s double tap Recents gesture on Android Lollipop and Marshmallow. How can this be possible? Let me tell you more about the “Android N-ify” Xposed module developed by the XDA developer MrWasdennnoch which can bring some Android N features to Lollipop and Marshmallow.
At the moment, it’s true that this module only supports two features of Android N: I am talking about “Double-tap recents to switch last used app” and “Settings dashboard subtitles”, but the app developer also intends to add more such features at a later time (I am talking about features such as Doze mode, Night Mode, Emergency info on lockscreen, a new notification layout and not only).
So, if you have an older, yet rooted device and you want to experiment double-tapping the Recents button to quickly switch apps, this guide if for you. With this gesture, you can switch between the last used app and current app quickly. However, to get this feature, your device must be rooted and have Xposed Framework installed.
And don’t forget that Android N-ify is a beta version and at the moment only supports Android Lollipop and Marshmallow.
Get Android N Double Tap Recents Gesture on your Android Device:
- First of all, download the ‘Android N-ifys’ Xposed module APK from here;
- Don’t hesitate to install it like any APK file;
- Launch the Xposed Installer;
- Go to the “Modules” section;
- From there, you have to enable the Android N-ify module by checking the checkbox and Reboot your phone.
So, even though this is not an update, Android N-ify gives you the ability to taste the latest version of Android without having a Nexus device. Most importantly, it once again shows the ingenuity of the Android community’s talented developers, and how they cleverly make use of Android’s flexibility to bring the greatest even to old devices.
More Android N tutorials for you:
- You can also Install and Run Android N on Windows PC;
- Has your Nexus 5X handset got stuck on its startup screen and has to chance to load past its logo? I have the perfect solution for you as long as you can Learn to Fix Android N Bootloop Issue on Nexus 5X, use these steps to Fix Android N Bootloop Issue on Google Nexus 9, or Learn to Fix Android N Startup Issue on Nexus 6;
- You may also Enjoy Android N Theme on any Xiaomi Device;
- Don’t hesitate to take Android N Developer Preview Default Wallpaper on your Android Device which gets you closer to the Android N look and feel that you dream of.