Reset Password on your OnePlus 5
For those that own the new OnePlus smartphone and need such a guide, I have one thing to say from the start: don’t be ashamed. It happened to all of us at a certain point and it might be your turn now. This is why you may want to know how to reset password on OnePlus 5 when locked out instead of being afraid that the device is gone for good.
There are various ways that you can use to reset password of OnePlus 5, and it is true that some require you to completely wide the device, but do not worry.
This time I want to tell you how you can reset the password on your OnePlus 5 with factory reset. Prior going to complete a factory reset on OnePlus 5, it is indeed necessary to back up all information so nothing gets lost during the reset procedure, but this is a small price to pay for regaining control, don’t you think?
Reset Password on your OnePlus 5 with Factory Reset:
- For the start, you need to turn off your OnePlus 5;
- At the same time just tap and hold the Home, Volume, and Power buttons until you see the Android icon;
- Go to factory reset/ Clear data option using the volume button and hit the power button to choose it;
- Now, you must highlight over Yes, delete or remove all user data using the volume button and select it using the Power button;
- When your phone has rebooted, everything will be wiped and ready to set up again.
- It’s essential to backup all files and information before you go to do a factory reset on the OnePlus 5 in case something goes wrong during the backup process.
Reset Password on your OnePlus 5 with OnePlus Find My Mobile:
Another method of resetting the password when locked out of One Plus 5 is to use Find My Mobile (Find My Android). You can practically choose to use “Remote Controls” that’ll allow you to temporarily reset password and bypass lockscreen on OnePlus 5. For those that haven’t registered their OnePlus yet, it’s recommended that you register as soon as possible as you never know what might happen.
Therefore, here’s what you have to do:
- Register the OnePlus 5;
- With Find My Mobile, you can temporary reset password;
- You can eventually bypass the lock screen by using the new temporary password;
- Once you’re in set a new password.
Well, the truth is that this is pretty phone with impressive specs but it received mixed reviews from experts and owners as well. This is why I am here to provide support to our readers who might have issues with this device and based on experience, most errors can be fixed.