Change the Galaxy S9 IMEI Number
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identifier, and as you know it, it’s the unique code to determine if your Galaxy S9 is not forbidden or stolen by GSM networks. This tells you if your smartphone is as it should be and allows the service provider to make sure it is valid and you probably know that changing the IMEI comes with its own advantages and disadvantages.
Where the IMEI is used to trace the location of a device or find the stolen device, on the other hand it is also used to make a device untraceable by changing its IMEI number, serial number, device id, Donkeyguard number, UDID. If you convert your device’s IMEI number, you can make your handset untraceable and unreachable, fix the unpleasant invalid IMEI number problem, get an unique device ID, or reset/repair your Galaxy S9, if it’s the case and something tells me that one of these scenarios is already in your mind.
So, all that I must add is not to skip the preparatory steps before starting the actual procedure.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S9 phone is rooted otherwise this tool will not work on the device;
- Prepare the original USB cord;
- Also prepare your computer or laptop for the procedure.
How to Change the Galaxy S9 IMEI Number:
- This process requires you to first download an app named as EFS Pro; this is clearly your first step;
- Next, you have to download Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0 in your PC to make the EFS Pro app work on the PC;
- Once downloaded, you have to unzip the file;
- Then, install it on the PC or laptop with no hesitation;
- Now, you have to connect your device with the PC using the original USB cable;
- At this point, all you must do is to run EFS Pro and follow the onscreen instruction to backup and restore the EFS folder. That’s it and the process is completed. Let me know if you have any extra help as that’s my mission here.