How to Solve OnePlus 5 Black Screen Issue
With the OnePlus 3, the Chinese start-up finally had success and even with the lack of a OnePlus 4, OnePlus 5 is in the center of attention. There are indeed quite a few missing features and users complain about the poor audio performance, yet things aren’t all bad.
The dual cameras are amazing, the Dash Charge is great, so the smartphone earned its place on the shelf next to those other high-end smartphones launched in 2017.
But it can happen to some people to see a black screen appearing in front of their eyes without their OnePlus 5 having undergone any sort of damage and I know how frustrating this can be. If your screen is black and your device will not turn on, remember that malfunctions on your OnePlus 5 could sometimes happen, so do not worry and besides that, this problem can have multiple different reasons.
In this guide you will see how to fix a black screen by performing manipulations without losing your data and I am sure that things will be fine.
How to Solve OnePlus 5 Black Screen Issue:
- First of all, start charging your OnePlus 5 for about 20 minutes, if not even longer than that. Then, try to turn it back on. If this works, then you can stop here;
- If it doesn’t, then you should better boot to recovery mode. Well, the recovery screen lets you wipe cache, so don’t waste any more time:
- You must start by turning the device completely off;
- Once it’s off, simply touch and hold these buttons together: Home, Increase Volume + Power;
- Let go of both buttons once the OnePlus boot screen appears;
- Wait a couple of seconds and at this point, either tap “English,” or select it using your volume and power buttons to get into recovery;
- Once you’re in recovery mode, you’ll have the chance to perform several functions, such as using the Volume buttons to choose “Wipe cache partition”;
- Then, you must use the Power key to confirm your selection;
- As soon as the cache process is completed, your OnePlus 5 will reboot automatically and I can only hope that your problem is gone too;
- If not, your last resort is to factory reset the OnePlus 5 smartphone. Refreshing the built-in storage memory of your OnePlus 5 will be required from time to time and it does wonders in cases such as this one, so here’s what you must do:
- At first, power on your device;
- Then, go to Menu and access Settings;
- From there, you can choose the Backup and Reset field;
- Up next, pick up Factory Data Reset and select Reset Phone;
- Choose Erase Everything and agree with all the alerts;
- When done, you should better choose “Reboot System Now” to complete the operation.
Once you’ve gone through these steps, the smartphone will be in the same software state as when it came out of the box, hopefully with the Black Screen Issue gone for good.
Otherwise, I strongly advise you to go to an authorized repairer who will repair your device.