Efficiently Recover Lost Notifications on Android
Android’s notification system is definitely one of its strongest features, but it can also be annoying if you accidentally dismiss some important notifications. Ever accidentally swiped away a notification and didn’t have time to read what it said? Fortunately, there’s a simple way to view all the notifications that have hit your phone. This happens often since the Android notifications menu fills up incredibly fast, so it is so easy to clear it without checking it as you should.
If you’ve done this and you know that you have accidentally swiped something important, you can still recover it. To be more precise, if you have a device running on Android 8.0 or above, then you can also use an app called Unnotification. The app in cause is designed to un-dismiss notifications instantly if you accidentally dismiss them. All in-app purchases are for donations only, so the app is completely free to use – therefore, you have no reason to be worried about.
For other versions, I have another suggestion for you. Just note that this works fine for stock Android users, but not on handsets that had a different UI setup, such as those offered by Samsung.
Efficiently Recover Lost Notifications on Android:
- First of all, long-tap an empty space on your Android home screen;
- After that, tap Widgets;
- Swipe left or scroll down the widget menu until you get to the Settings shortcut widget;
- Long-tap the widget until your home screens appear;
- Then, you just have to drag it to a home screen of your choice;
- In the Settings shortcut menu that appears, scroll down and tap Notification log;
- A Notification log shortcut will appear on your home screen. Just tap this, and you’ll have access to your notification history and be able to retrieve all the missed notifications;
- Once you’re in the notification log, you’ll see active notifications in white and notifications that you closed in gray. You may tap the gray notifications just as you would normally, and you’ll be taken straight to the source of the notification.